MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/26/2010 01:24 PM

Need a doctor asap....lyme disease

lynnlahm

Sad I really need a lyme literate doctor that is in md,pa, dc or pa. I was diagnosed with lymes about a yr ago. I tested postive for all but 2 bands. My igm was neg, igg postive. I was put on a PICC line asap, started feeling better about 8 weeks after intial treatment. I relapsed about 2 months ago, severly fatigued, brain foggy, heart palpitations, dizzy, nauseated ect... I feel like I am losing my mind. I have been to 3 ID doctors, they all say I have post lymes syndrome. recent test showed I am postive for all bands, they keep treating my symptoms and say that it is unlikely I have a recurrent infection and that there is no evidence for long term antibiotics beeing effective. What is wrong with there people?? Please help!!!

01/26/2010 01:48 PM
waxby
waxbyPosts: 4813
VIP Member

~~~Hello lynnlahm.Re "What is wrong with these people?" What is wrong with these peole indeed?

~~~Go to the top of this page and click forums and then click on Dr LLMD requests.There you will find what you need.

``````````````~~~Love to you,Mitchell~~~

01/26/2010 02:17 PM
krispv
krispv  

I'd go the route of trying to bs them into a "I believe I have been re-infected route" if you can't find a proper LLMD. I started treatment with Ceftin last April and was on it right through the Christmas holiday. The doctor tried to switch me to Biaxin and it made me very ill.(That class of drugs has never been my friend.) Then my son got sick with C.Diff and landed in the hospital. I stopped all of my medication out of fear. Within a week the symptoms started again. I stayed off of meds for 3 weeks and just got sicker. Here is my argument- if it is a "syndrome" how can your body actually get better on the drug when resumed? I emailed my LLMD and told her of my fears and she told me to go back on the Ceftin. Things are slowly getting better again. It's hard not to get fed up when you know you're sick and they don't listen. Find that LLMD - you deserve it.

01/26/2010 03:22 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

welcome lynn Smile

check your private messages for MARYLAND LLMDS; you have almost 2 dozen in your state so you won't need the other states you asked for ok.

i sent you my welcome letter earlier as i didn't know you had posted; that will help you too. will send those names before i forget Smile lol hugs

bettyg, iowa

01/26/2010 03:32 PM
Ini29
Ini29  

I heard about something call lyme clear , they said is better than everything but im not sure . What ya think????

01/27/2010 12:28 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

ini, please expand on that; i have no idea what you are talking about....big thanks Smile

01/27/2010 04:41 AM
Tennesseemom7
Tennesseemom7  

Ini,

I googled Lyme Clear and can't find any products called that.

If you post the maker maybe we could do some research on it...

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved