MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/25/2010 10:08 AM

Dry Under Tongue??

JerseyBug
JerseyBug  

I have been getting this really weird symptom over the last few days. My tongue gets really dry, but only on the bottom, like underneath. I have to practically pry it off the bottom of my mouth! It feels similar to 'cotton mouth' just under the tongue. Is that the Lyme doing that, or something else?

01/26/2010 12:29 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

never heard of that before;

my tongue has NO SALIVA at all; i'm sipping water galore.

01/26/2010 04:28 AM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

There are several salivary glands in the mouth. Having saliva in the rest of the mouth but not under the tongue could mean the 2 glands just under the tongue (which produce a good amount) are clogged.

Also some of the meds that we take dry the mouth out and reduce production.

Products like Oral balance help to moisturize the tissue.

Saliva is necessary to dilute the sugars that are in the mouth, without this you become more suseptible to decay and imflamation of the tissue which can lead to gum disease.

01/26/2010 12:13 PM
waxby
waxbyPosts: 4811
VIP Member

~~~Another bug eh JB?Add this to the list of nine million strange or unexplained and annOYing Lyme dis-ease symptoms.~~~Mitchell~~~

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved