MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/24/2010 06:32 PM

Anyone with Lyme's and also IC?

Anne17

I really hope someone can help me. I was diagnosed with IC about 12 years ago, and Lyme's 4 months ago. My LLMD thinks that my bladder problems are caused by Lyme's. In earlw december he put me on Doxy, and that gave me extreme bladder pain. I'm still not sure if it was a herx or the medicine hurting my bladder. I still have pain a month after stopping it. This past week I started Flagyl for a vaginal infection and again have an increase in pain. Is there anyone in my situation? How can I treat the Lyme's when any medicine causes extreme bladder pain?Or is it the Lyme's that caused my IC, and that will go away once the Lyme's has cleared up. I just can't take this constant pain. Any opoinions would be appreciated!Sad

01/25/2010 05:17 AM
kristielyme25
kristielyme25  

I have had IC for many years now, and my doctor is nearly convinced it is caused by the lyme. He is also confident that it will diminish or go away with treatment!

When I take abx, I also experience a lot of bladder pain. I have found that my most intense herx reactions are centered in the bladder.

I know it is tough, but I think this should at least not be as bad after treatment! Good luck!

Lyrica has really helped take the edge off my nerve pain, which includes my bladder!

Post edited by: kristielyme25, at: 01/25/2010 05:19 AM

01/25/2010 05:46 AM
SUSANSUSAN

Lyme Disease (fyi: not Lymes) goes into many different systems when it is chronic Lyme. The meds should

cause herx reactions (which means the Borreliosis

is being killed off.)

I would herx so badly that I was bedridden, but I knew

it meant te Lyme agent (Borreliosis) was being destroyed.

I don't know if this is your problem, but I thought I would share. I have had bladder problems, but of a different nature...Susan/Houston

01/25/2010 05:52 AM
kristielyme25
kristielyme25  

quick question...did you ever experience any actual bacterial infections with IC...my doc thought I was a rare case since I experienced significant bacterial infections but also presented with absence of bacteria most of the time...

just curious (I am only comparing cases here and gathering knowledge!)

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved