MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/12/2010 12:02 PM

Hands arms falling asleep at night? Anyone?

ladio30
ladio30  

My arms and hands will fall asleep at night even though they are not lying above my head nor am I lying on them. I'm just wondering if anyone else gets this? Wondering if it is a lyme symptom or not.

01/12/2010 12:26 PM
DrScarlet

I have noticed this in the last month or two as well. It gets quite bad and wakes me from sleep. I'm trying to figure out if it's when they are exposed to the cold (maybe outside the blankets) which goes w/ some of the symptoms I've had when my arms get hit w/ the AC in summer, but I just thought of this connection the other day. I also wonder if it might go away w/ magnesium supplementation.

01/12/2010 12:32 PM
lflower
lflower  

I was on ABX for 6 months and toward the end of the six months starting having those symptoms. I went off ABX for three weeks because of stomach pain (turned out to be a new glutin intolerance), , put back on flagyl and suprax and herxed right away. My numbness has gone away, but I'm getting new symptoms, like plantar fascieitis. Always have a burning pain under the arms.

Are you back on ABX?

01/12/2010 12:37 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

I have had these symptoms since I was a child. It still happens almost every night. It's weird...Sometimes I wake up in the morning and the bottoms of my feet are numb..One morning I woke up and just my scalp was numb. From my shoulder down is numb ...through and through sometimes..can't lift my arm..could stick a needle in it all the way to the bone and would not feel it.. It's very disconcerting.

01/12/2010 01:44 PM
ladio30
ladio30  

Yes it is so very concerning TaraT. I feel the same way. I could stick a needle through my hand as well and wouldn't feel it. It wakes me up at night.

lflower, I am on antimicrobials now. I can't get an MD to treat me but found an LLND.

01/12/2010 03:43 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

i've had this for over 30 years.

when they are painful, i've used carpal tunnel wrists bands, and now just wrap up a small down comforter so my wrists are upward position and comfortable; helps me tremendously.

01/12/2010 04:45 PM
3whiteroses

I don't get that when I'm sleeping, but sometimes I get pins and needles in my feet and hands during the day.

01/12/2010 05:29 PM
ladio30
ladio30  

So is this something that I will always have or will treatments get rid of it? Anyone know? It was one of my very first symptoms, if it is lyme. It did go away while I was on abx for six weeks. Then of course relapsed after but I have been on treatments now for 7 weeks and it is just starting to come back, yet I have very few symptoms left, and the ones I do have are now minor but this falling asleep thing is not.

3whiteroses, I get tingling/pins and needles as well. I find this falling asleep thing different though. I can't even feel my fingers or hand at all when it happens.

01/12/2010 05:43 PM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

I get ths from time totime.It seems to happen more in the winter months. Dont know why

01/12/2010 08:14 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

I remember when I was a kid my legs and feet would fall asleep any time I sat on the floor and then my arms and hands would go numb/dead and my mom just said oh it falls asleep. that's normal ignore it or shake it and your circulation will come back.. She NEVER took me to a dr.

My sister woke up one morning when we were kids and she had bells palsy....The Dr. just said...oh it happens sometimes and we don't know why...She's also had severe eczema that is red and weepy since we were kids too...

I really wonder if we weren't born with this junk and then I just got reinfected when I was a kid.

I had infantigo MANY years when I was VERY young..all sorts of skin infections that left HORRIBLE scars...from mosquito bites and yellow flies etc....We grew up on the gulf coast..LOTS OF BUGS.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved