MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/06/2010 06:12 PM

Muscle Pain vs Joint Pain

3whiteroses

I have been suffering with muscle pain, and weakness. Not to much pain in my joints.

I see a lot of people complain of joint pain with Lyme.

Please tell me if you have muscle or joint pain or both. I worry that my muscles seems to be taking a beating.

01/06/2010 06:22 PM
JerseyBug
JerseyBug  

I actually have a lot more muscle pain than joint pain. I DO have joint pain, but I notice the muscles in my leg hurting very bad all day long. I also have a lot of muscle weakness in my arms.

Hope that helps!

01/06/2010 06:27 PM
honey158

More muscle pain than joint pain here. Only joint pain is in my hip other than that, muscle pain all over from butt upwards.

01/06/2010 06:28 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

Same here!

01/06/2010 06:33 PM
cmal
cmal  

Mostly muscle pain for me. I'm with honey that my hips will ache big time and shoulders sometimes, but mostly its back and leg muscles that feel the worst.

01/06/2010 08:17 PM
scgirl816

What a great question! I had been wondering this myself...why I seem different from everyone else. I have no joint pain...unless you want to count the joint pain I've done to myself from knee injuries and cracking my knuckles. Smile I have bad muscle pain though. This is another symptom I've had for a long time but never thought anything was wrong. It's mostly in my back and neck. When I was herxing (I think) when I started meds, I had the most horrible muscle weakness. It hurt to raise an arm or leg...felt like I had weights on me.

01/06/2010 08:49 PM
Tennesseemom7
Tennesseemom7  

I have a lot of muscle pain too, more muscle that joint. I have lost a lot of muscle mass, I used to have "big guns" lol...Now I have a hard time doing simple things or lifting stuff.

I have lost around 25 pounds and some was fat...but a lot of muscle too.

Went from a sz 12 to a sz 6, that's the only postive thing about this crappy Lyme.

01/07/2010 02:19 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

both 24/7 so i use my frozen ice packs and heating pad altenating while sitting up

01/07/2010 04:02 AM
3whiteroses

Thanks for the responses...I just get worried that maybe I have ALS...I know it sound ridiculous, but the pain and weakness are so bad at times I start thinking the worst.

01/07/2010 06:24 AM
Countrybelle2000

I can't believe that this conversation exists. I thought I was the only one that was suffering from the muscle pain. My right arm is the worst and my left hip. Everyone always talks about "joint pain" with the Lyme and it appears that alot of us have Muscle pain. My fingers get stiff like the skin is being stretched but it doesn't appear to be in the joints. Thanks for broaching this subject.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved