MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/29/2009 01:50 PM

Positive Bands but not Lyme?

a1yssa

When I was talking to a woman at work, she said that she tested positive for 2 bands years ago but did not have any symptoms of lyme so she was not treated. I think she said one was band 41.

I know the tests are not accurate at all, but if someone tests positive for one or 2 bands, can they not have lyme???

Is there any way to prove that you don't have lyme (funny question, I know, since so many people are trying to prove that they do!).

12/29/2009 03:15 PM
jaime1978
jaime1978  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

it's actually more likely that she DOES have lyme, just that her immune system is ok for now and she's able to keep it at bay. OR, she might very well have some symptoms she's attributing to something else, ie "fibromyalgia", not realizing that fibro is actually lyme.

if she is having NO symptoms what so ever, it is best not to treat, befcause it can be like stirring a hornets nest.

12/29/2009 03:21 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

i completely agree with jaime.

now if she has a major surgery, loved ones death, or other major trauma, the lyme symptoms show up when the body is under emotional stress like this. that's what i have experienced myself and seen in others. Smile

12/29/2009 03:51 PM
JANO
JANO  

Is this why my body aches so much because in 2007 I had my gallbladder removed and have not been the same since. Not even sure if the gallbladder was the problem now that I know so much about Lyme now. I was fine before the surgery and had Lyme but after havent been the same since the day I left the hospital 2007 now going on three yrs. I have had so many tests not believing the lyme was causing my pain and I still wonder . I feel like I have broken ribs and also in my lower back but the funny thing is all hte pain is on my left side. i cant believe I still feel like this and I am sure people do but how do we get better. I have been treated twice. Picc line in March and now Doxy for 90 days

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved