it has recently become a more pervasive problem, accompanied with other

frustrating mouth and throat symptoms. I constantly feel like I'm

getting

a sore throat, or as if something is stuck there and I just can't get

it out, no matter how much I clear my throat. My throat sometimes

starts hurting, and even burning in the inside, almost like a cold

burning starting from the top of my chest, going up my esophagus. I

also feel as if I've been struggling a bit to swallow properly and my

voice has been going away a bit, getting raspy lately.

As if that's not enough, yesterday I noticed some painful little sores

developing on the roof of my mouth, towards the back on my right side,

and that side of my throat and jaw have felt a bit more uncomfortable

than usual. Just wondering if anyone could please help me out with

what the underlying cause of this could possibly be, or if they have

had similar symptoms related to their Lyme or any other coinfections to

these? I'm getting a bit paranoid now, thinking the worst..

Please help!Ermm

09/25/2013 12:55 PM
friesians13
friesians13  

Have you checked out the bartonella symptoms? it sounds like that sort of thing when I read this...but I'm not expert...

I'll try to remember to post a link to the bart and babs symptoms on that are provided by this site...

Alisa<><

09/25/2013 01:08 PM
lymesgottogo
lymesgottogo  

I have had similar symptoms from the beginning of my Lyme. I'm not sure if it is the Lyme or the co-infection.

I know what you mean when you say cold, burning sensations. I have it in my throat and mouth, voice box area as well as my nasal, sinuses too.

It could be bartonella but I know it is related to the Lyme. Never had anything like it before in my whole life. I do have some sort of sore on the side of my tongue.

I started antibiotic treatment about 4 months ago and it doesn't burn quite as bad but I still have it. Also the feeling like something stuck in my throat at times and discomfort and hoarseness in my voice box area.

09/25/2013 01:37 PM
Juttin3

Is your lymph node in your neck swollen? Near my adams apple towards top right side of it i get swollen gland there that makes it hard to swallow and talk and have to clear throat alot.

09/25/2013 01:42 PM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

There are many mycoplasmas that cause a lot of oral symptoms. Bartonella does as well, but people often forget about mycoplasmas.

Stephen Buhner has a great book out now that is just about Myco and Bart... I'd consider buying that... it goes into detail about the strains, what they do, and how to treat it.

For now, you could try some aloe juice to soothe your throat and the sores....

blessings,

purple

09/25/2013 02:26 PM
lymesgottogo
lymesgottogo  

sounds like it could be purple, should I try to get tested for mycoplasma? Is there a certain test for it?

09/25/2013 02:36 PM
mysticthecat
mysticthecat  
Group Leader

Throat clearing, something stuck in throat feeling and burning feeling all sound like silent reflux.

The mouth sores sound like herpes. Alot of us get reactivated viruses when our immune system is taxed fighting lyme.

09/25/2013 02:46 PM
lymesgottogo
lymesgottogo  

Don't think so mystic, it's nothing like that and it started when I got ill with the Lyme, can't describe it very well, but it is not reflux. The sore I have on my tongue has been checked by an ENT but he doesn't seem concerned with it.

09/25/2013 03:01 PM
LaLymee1991

Wow, thank you so much everyone, I really appreciate all the responsesSmile

Juttin, my lymph gland on the left side seems to have been swollen for a while now, but the docs never paid any attention to it. It does bother me to swallow.

Lymesgottogo, it feels good knowing I'm not alone with this, although I hate knowing anyone else is having these annoying symptoms:/

Purple, I'll definitely look into that book and get myself some aloe juice, thanks! Mycoplasmas? Can I get tested for that in particular?..

Mystic, herpes? You really think so? O.o

09/25/2013 03:07 PM
idontgeit

hello I have mycoplasma.

here are my titer levels for the following

myco greater than 5.oo

ebv greater than 5.oo

hsv1 greater than 5.oo

shingles zoster greater than 5.oo

lyme bands Igenex

IGM 41+

IGG 41+ 31 IND 39 IND

quest lab lyme

IGM NONE

IGG 23+

I am struggling to figure all this out my self, am I sick because of all the viruses and lyme? did lyme put my body in overdrive and tax the hell out of my immune system??

do all these combined spell chronic illness for the rest of my days?

the only thing that's kinda iffy for me is do I have lyme? all the other tests I have listed are conclusive the only one that's not is lyme disease!

all the symptoms you guys listed I have also and many many more.

guys hsv can also be reactivated from immune system being weak and cause sores in the mouth.

and they can last longer because the body is not strong to knock out it as usual as before lyme you would only notice it for a day or two.

I noticed I skinned my shin this last early summer and its still a dark nasty scare ive done this many times before and it healed quickly

this time it healed up in 4 weeks and is a dark scare which never happened like that before so for sure my body isn't as efficient as it once was.

hope this ends soon for all of us

take care

Post edited by: idontgeit, at: 09/25/2013 03:16 PM

Post edited by: idontgeit, at: 09/25/2013 03:18 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved