MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/25/2013 07:55 AM

Labcorp, Fry Labs, IGenex ?

TeacherMom41

Western Blot positive. LLMD appt in late October. Currently at 6 weeks with abx treatment.

As I become more informed about lyme and the testing for it & it's co-infections, I see the need to get independent testing done.

The uprofessional medical community continue to refuse blood testing for co-infections, so I know I need to do this on my own in order to find out what I have been infected with.

I need advice on which tests to have done at which labs. I am also doing these labs WITHOUT a doctor's order.

I am interested in Fry Labs for their Protomyxzoa (FL1953) by PCR test & Pan-Bacterial Metagenomics by Sequencing. Along with their Co- Infections Plus Profile, and Molecular Diagnoses by PCR for Babesia, Bartonella, Borrealia, & Toxoplasma Gondii.

I am interested in Labcorp for the CD 57. I am not sure what else to get checked here.

IGenex - what should I get tested for here?

I want to be thorough and I NEED to know what I am plagued with and fighting.

Thank you for your time & suggestions.

Post edited by: TeacherMom41, at: 08/25/2013 08:34 AM

08/25/2013 08:12 AM
pampe
pampe  
Group Leader

Teach...co-infection testing is even more unreliable than Lyme testing. Most co-infections are clinically diagnosed by your LLMD.

Fry Labs is an exception.

CD57 is not worth a thing for you right now.

08/25/2013 08:37 AM
TeacherMom41

Thank you, pampe.

So, you think Fry Labs is a good place to start?

I already ordered & received the test kit for the sample to send.

I was going to get my blood drawn tomorrow & send the big, painful check to them with it.

What are your thoughts, as I really value your opinion?

Post edited by: TeacherMom41, at: 08/25/2013 08:37 AM

Post edited by: TeacherMom41, at: 08/25/2013 08:37 AM

08/25/2013 09:17 AM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

Teacher,

I'd honestly wait until October, and just continue with what you are doing now and on improving your immune system, diet, GI, liver, and adrenal supports....

Like Pam said, coinfection testing is unreliable.

Fry labs is good and you could do that, but I'd wait.

More likely than not your LLMD is going to want to have labs sent out, and so you should just wait until they order them.

blessings,

purple

08/25/2013 09:18 AM
pampe
pampe  
Group Leader

Well, the FL1953 doesn't show

in too many other ways....If it were me, I'd wait for the LLMD to decide, but I hear your need to move ahead.

08/25/2013 10:17 AM
TeacherMom41

I am having a headache today with ringing in my ears.

I'm very worried about things. I have decent days & really crappy days.

I am having trouble sleeping again like when I was first sick, i didn't sleep for 2 weeks then.

I am very tired, but I'm on my third night of very little sleep. My head hurts & there is ringing in my ears.

Can somebody please comment on what may be happening to me?

08/25/2013 11:03 AM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

Teacher,

It could be a flare up, or a herx (not sure what treatment you're on).

This could also be coinfections starting to surface.

Have you ever tried Alka Seltzer Gold? Has to be Gold... I use it when I'm not sure if it's a herx or flare. When it's a herx it usually helps, even if just a little. It's good for helping with pain...

Are you detoxing?

Headaches and ringing in ears can be Lyme & Coinfections... it can also be Candida.

I know when I first started treatment, I'd always get much worse at week 6... and in that first year I'd always stop treatment at week 6 thinking something was wrong. I know now it was something I just needed to push through.

Lemon water... hot epsom salt baths... try some ice packs on your head...

I have an eye "pillow" that has lavender in it... I put it in the freezer and use that for when my head gets really bad.

Is anything making your sleep worse? Pain?

blessings,

purple

08/25/2013 12:19 PM
TeacherMom41

Pam - should I not bother spending for the FL 1953 test then? I won't if you know that it wont show anyway.

Purple - i am still on doxy, 100 mg, 2x daily.

I am not detoxing. I take 20-30 billion of liquid probiotic per day.

I have a blood clot also, so I have to be careful of what I eat & what supplements I take because I am on coumadin/warfarin.

What does lemon water do?

The epsom salt my family picked up for me has magnesium in it, and I have read that mg is one of the ingredients the bacteria and co's use to create the biofilms they protect themselves with, so I am cautious about it - is it safe to use in your opinion?

I have not tried alka seltzer gold. I will check to see if it is safe with coumadin, then I'll try it.

The pillow also sounds like a great idea.

No, the pain wasn't keeping me from sleep as Friday was a pretty good day & Saturday was good, I was just tired. It has even been difficult for me to nap. I'm really tired but am struggling to sleep.

I've even felt stabbing pains in my right side, my kidney, in the past few days also.

Not near as bad as when I was first ill, but present.

So, this morning I woke with a minor headache. I drank some Cranberry juice and my headache went full blown after that with the ringing in my ears.

Any other thoughts?

Post edited by: TeacherMom41, at: 08/25/2013 12:19 PM

Post edited by: TeacherMom41, at: 08/25/2013 12:20 PM

08/26/2013 03:17 PM
lc460
lc460  

Is there somewhere on this site that has a legend or chart that explains what abbreviations mean ?Also my test sheet has codes like L.Q6419X

and diagnoses IDC-780.79 .Can someone explain these ... Please ?

08/26/2013 03:39 PM
RainbowHope
RainbowHope  
I'm an Advocate

I don't know that there is a chart to explain the chart for abbreviations.

I can explain the diagnosis code stuff. A diagnosis code is like a social security number for a particular illness OR symptom. This is used mainly for billing insurance companies as part of claim processing.

The ICD code of 780.79 means :

2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 780.79

"Other malaise and fatigue"

Weakness; lack of energy and strength.

Physical weakness, lack of strength and vitality, or a lack of concentration.

Exhaustion that interferes with physical and mental activities.

State of weariness following a period of exertion, mental or physical, characterized by a decreased capacity for work and reduced efficiency to respond to stimuli.

An overwhelming sustained sense of exhaustion and decreased capacity for physical and mental work at usual level.

That state, following a period of mental or bodily activity, characterized by a lessened capacity for work and reduced efficiency of accomplishment, usually accompanied by a feeling of weariness, sleepiness, or irritability.

ICD-9-CM 780.79 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.

That would mean that your doctor is putting that as a billable diagnosis on your claim to the insurance company.

There is usually more than one diagnosis (ICD-9) code per claim. Usually the primary diagnosis code tells the "disease" and the secondary code tells the symptoms that they are treating as part of that primary code.

This code seems like it would be secondary.

I worked in health insurance for 5 years.

This info came from the link: http://www.icd9data.com/2013/Volume1/780-799/780-789/780/ 780.79.htm

Edited for clarity.

Post edited by: RainbowHope, at: 08/26/2013 03:40 PM

Post edited by: RainbowHope, at: 08/26/2013 03:41 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved