MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/17/2009 06:55 PM

Kinda gross but...

learning721
learning721  

Okay so i realize this is kinda gross but i just wanted to see if anyone knows what long strands of mucuous in a bowel movement means? Has anyone seen anything like this?

12/17/2009 07:10 PM
Spaceboy3000

Yeah, I understand that this isn't that uncommon. If you have looked into colon cleanses, and all that stuff, most of those "cleanses" will produce results like that. I have been using a fiber (and I guess a little natural laxative) powder and it gives the same results if you are taking a decent amount of it. I get the impression that it isn't bad, - it is sort of the natural product of cleaning out the bowels. I've heard that you just want to make sure that the bowels can "rebuild" that layer, with stuff like glutamine, etc. If you dig around for those cleanses on the net, you will see plenty of pictures of weird things that have come out of people. Maybe look for those and compare? They looked about the same as the "results" I got too...

12/17/2009 07:59 PM
learning721
learning721  

thanks spaceboy, i was thinking i might not get a reply on this one, glad i wasn't too embarressed to ask!- i am doing fiber-flax,and bowel cleansing- no wonder- my only other guess was candidia overgrowth- hmmm, so glutamin helps rebuild the layering in the bowels? my stomach will not shut up lately- i think it's the garlic i'm taking- probably developed an allergy. Darn. its so good for you!

12/17/2009 11:44 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

learning,

check out this site on HUMAWORM.COM; my friend uses this and photos are to be on the site but just skimming it briefly, i didn't notice it right away ok.

http://humaworm.com/

12/17/2009 11:54 PM
learning721
learning721  

Hey again bettyg, i have actually done that product- and yes, i'm sure i have parasites- but this was like mucuous stuff- i checked it out- didn't look like any type of parasite- maybe candidia or else something that looks like long strands of mucuous.

12/18/2009 11:45 AM
honey158

Learning721 - I have had odd mucusy strings in my stools too. I was alarmed and brought it to my dr.'s attention but she didn't seem concerened. I am not sure what to make of it. I chalked it up to IBS, but I know deep down that I don't have that.

12/18/2009 01:33 PM
jtobi

I have had this. I found out that I am allergic to Chicken meat in March of this year. I have not had stomach problems or mucous in stool since.

12/18/2009 07:30 PM
learning721
learning721  

honey- yea i know its all very freaky- i tend to think maybe the acid in our stomach has something to do with the mucuous? Well i had been doing oil of oreagano- cut down to just 2 drops but maybe it messed with my gut. Or like spaceboy says the fiber is cleaning me out- i hope it will even out soon.

jtobi- gee i never thought chicken could do that- i do eat that quite often. thanks for the thought.

12/18/2009 07:59 PM
honey158

Learning721- are you taking any kind of probiotics? I just started a new one yesterday and I am excited to see if they will help. They are supposed to be very good. I hope they do because I am waking every night with odd sensations in my stomach and trapped gas. Does this ever happen to you? I also wake up at night to have a b.m. which doesn't make sense. I always thought that was a sign of cancer, but apparently I am fine according to all tests. Do you ever wake up for that reason?

12/18/2009 08:14 PM
learning721
learning721  

I do have the trapped gas and ibs noises- also was checked out for cancer- just ovarian cysts that need to be checked out- i don't wake at night to have a bm but today i definitely did have plenty of mucuousy bms. I do take a probiotic which i should probably take more regularly- i use Jarrows- but what brand do you use? I heard it has to have a special coating? Mine has something called FOS that is supposed to survive stomach acid. That is a good question- does anyone here know anything about what probiotics to use??

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved