MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/16/2009 11:40 AM

Weight Loss anyone?(page 2)

TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

Thank you Sonyafly. Yea, I had no idea what the steroids would do or even that I had some kind of infestation. I just thought I had bad genes and had to live with the cards I was dealt. But yea, after so many terrible reactions to steroids when I was a young adult I finally just started including that on my allergy list everytime I saw a doc.

I refused them even with my pain management Dr. He wanted to give me injections right away due to my many allergies to pain pills..But instead he gave me injections of the numbing agent only...Which I'm SURE he knew would only numb me for a few hours DUH!

He got a big 'ol check from my insurance company for that one. I just hate that we looked at as a pay check or even a trouble maker if we aren't easily made better....

12/16/2009 08:07 PM
learning721
learning721  

Tara, man i'm so sorry you had to go through that steriod mess-i can't imagine what a time you had with that. I think you're story is great for everyone to hear because it reminds us to be strong. You've made it a long way DESPITE lyme. That is an accomplishment. I know its scary to get the symptoms and new symptom s every day- i'm just starting out and already i'm freaking out over eveything.

I think i remember reading somewhere too that unexplained weight loss could be due to lyme- i just wonder why not too many people talk about that- most seem to have trouble losing weight. I'm really not even close to being "underweight" it's just that it always used to be hard for me to lose weight and now its not. I wake up in the morning feeling so empty and nauseated as if i have eaten nothing- which i do eat- but yes, sometimes it's hard to have an appetite. I'm also trying to cut carbs but it's hard. I can't really enjoy my food as much so sometimes i'm like why bother to eat? But i guess i need to push myself- my counselor keeps reminding me of this. She's actually asking me what i've eaten! lol. Even if it's an apple or a boiled egg- b/c i really don't have the motivation to cook all the time anymore.

I think the hardest part of this illness for me is getting over being "ditched" by the medical community and being told it was all in my head. I HATED that. they also are more likely to assume that if you're younger or have babies. They think it's all postpartum or something- but i'm CDC positive so THERE.

Time to go eat an apple....

If anyone else has weight loss please share!

12/16/2009 09:20 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

have all have thyroid blood tests done? if not, please do... t3 and t4; there's another; neuro lyme..can't remember it right now.

my husband lost 100 lbs. due to HYPERthyroid; racing heart, nervous, sweating, and also had graves disease; bulging eyes like betty davis, actress. Smile

12/16/2009 10:07 PM
Silvia
Silvia  

Yes major weightloss, 17kg up to now. but I am on a strict diet, hardly any carbs and gluten free, very little dairy products and no sugar AT ALL! I suppose its all about compliance if you want to get better. I do drink a lot of vegetable juice, fresh out the juicer, to keep the digestive enzymes going. My favourite is carrot and a slice of pineapple. I know what you mean by not wanting to eat sometimes, thats why I do the juice, just to vary the taste sometimesSmileTongue

12/16/2009 10:40 PM
learning721
learning721  

Thanks silvia, you know i have a juicer and i STILL haven't used it! Guess i need to get started. I'm going to try that carrot and pineapple thing- been hearing that pineapple has some really anti parasitic properites!

Bettyg- did a thyroid panel and it was NORMAL. strange, b/c i could swear something was up with it!

12/16/2009 10:59 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

learning, how about the adrenal glands?

12/16/2009 11:20 PM
sonyafly
sonyafly  

I thought pineapple was bad because of the sugar content? I sure do loooooove pineapple.

12/16/2009 11:48 PM
learning721
learning721  

Well if you're dealing with candidia/ yeast then i would say yes, pineapple might be one of the things you avoid- and in that light i really shouldnt have too much either- but it is known as a natural dewormer- if you are dealing with any visible parasites- god forbid! then pineapple is supposedly good at killing out certain types. Just something i read when learning about different kinds of parasites.

I guess lymies in general are not supposed to have too much sugar- but i don't see how blending some pineapple with carrot juice is a bad idea from time to time. Its certainly not like going out and eating a piece of chocolate cake (and i confess i've done that!!) LOL

12/17/2009 10:35 PM
Silvia
Silvia  

I am only allowed to eat 2 fruit a day,so I consider the ONE slice of pineapple as ONE fruit. I know pinapple has a lot of sugar in it, but you know....sometimes....heheheheTongue

12/18/2009 10:13 AM
sonyafly
sonyafly  

Oh ya, I totally blew my sugar/gluten free diet the other day. I was tempted by the selection of mini cinnamon rolls & these powdered sugar lemon cookies. MMMMMmmm.... I hear if you go gluten-free, you'll drop weight fast. Just what I've read.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved