MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/25/2013 12:03 PM

Rapid weight gain; Lyme

Peachles
PeachlesPosts: 6

I'm a 23 year old who was diagnosed with Lyme in November. Have had eating issues for a while due to neuro Lyme (periods of anorexia, scared to eat), but have always maintained a svelte body with minimal fat. Within the last two months, I've gained 12 lbs--all in the upper thighs and hips!!!! I don't even recognize my body anymore and it is a little scary! I started taking resveratrol and cats claw 2 months ago and have implemented rife therapy within the last two weeks (have noticed outrageous weight gain in last two weeks, hmmm), so, the logical conclusion would be: die off= weight gain. Does it have to be that way? Any personal stories of handling this matter? Much appreciated- Dan

04/25/2013 12:33 PM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

My theory is that depending on the strain of Lyme you have (there are many strains).... will depend on which category you fall in:

Weight gain, weight loss, or no weight symptoms at all.

There are many of us who struggle with random weight gain....

blessings,

purple

04/25/2013 12:38 PM
nank59
nank59  

Just about 15 minutes ago, I was reviewing the frustration of my Lyme weight gain. I had lost over 40 lbs, but Lyme has put a lot of it back on.

My metabolism was already slow...has been all of my life. It has always taken a lot of extreme activity and very low calorie intake for me not to gain weight.

I had reached a point where after losing weight, that I was engaging in a LOT of physical activity and controlling my diet, keeping calories at a minimum. LYME reared its ugly head and caused this to be even WORSE.

I am so discouraged and feeling worse all of the time. I am not treating as extensively as I should be and am about to have to change.

Hoping the best for you!

04/25/2013 04:16 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

welcome peaches Wink

sorry, majority of us here are NEURO lyme and can't read long texts of block paragraphs like yours above.

please EDIT it and break it up into SHORT paragraphs and HITTING ENTER TWICE after each short paragraphs per this link's instructions ok Wink

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/general-support/10012830-get-more-responses-posting- suggestions

thanks for helping us help YOU Wink

hugs/prayers,

bettyg, iowa

04/25/2013 04:39 PM
supercuddles

there are a lot of reasons for weight gain with lyme. i gained a lot (before nothing let me keep weight on) despite the typical symptom being weight loss. here are a few reasons i suspect that my weight increased and why others' might have, too:

1. abx cause weight gain

2. being hyper/in extreme sports, then becoming too sore to even go downstairs

3. adrenals/thyroid under attack from lyme

4. intense food cravings caused by lyme-induced vitamin deficiencies

5. other times anorexia makes only high cal foods seem appealing (because most foods looks disgusting)

6. loss of eating & exercise routine puts metabolism into starvation mode and metabolism plummets

since starting high dose vitamin d the weight is coming off slowly as i don't get the cravings i used to. i also have a little bit less pain so i'm moving around more.

in december 2011 i gained 20lbs in one month alone! crazy, right?

04/25/2013 04:45 PM
supercuddles

peachles-

if you're gaining weight in places where women often pick up weight, perhaps you should see an endocrinologist. lyme may be causing glandular/metabolic dysfunction and a good endo might be able to treat your symptoms if nothing else.

04/25/2013 06:48 PM
woodarrows
woodarrows  

It is possible it could be edema. Try ramping up your detoxing to flush those fluids out.Take charcoal as you rife will help with the herx. Any QS be glad to help. You can run detox freq with rife too. Good luck Pat

05/08/2013 12:14 PM
Peachles

Thanks so much for all of the wonderful responses! Cuddles, it is crazy- ill try ramping up vit d, I know that this bug does lock into those receptors. Great insight on the areas of accumulation- I will look into that thoroughly.

05/08/2013 12:17 PM
Peachles

Thanks Pat, I think you are very intuitive on this issue- my weight fluctuated 6 lbs in one day! Thanks for reminding me of the charcoal, I had made it a point to take it after each session (along with detox fqs) but forgot- Lyme brain.

05/08/2013 01:31 PM
neska

i took activated charcoal the other day and for me no more!

i need to gain weight not lose it!

i swear my weight gain went down the toilet in 24hours!

activated charcoal is not for me! it does work!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved