MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/03/2009 09:44 AM

Tingling worse when laying down?

ladio30
ladio30  

When I do get tingling, it seems to get 10x worse when I lay down or only get it when I lay down. Last night I went to bed and I got tingling in my feet then it moved up and had it in my legs as well. I know I have all the symptoms of lyme but still trying to figure out for sure if that is what I have. Just wondering if anyone else only gets the tingling when lying down or it gets worse when you lay down?

12/03/2009 09:18 PM
ladio30
ladio30  

Bump... anyone??

12/03/2009 11:09 PM
learning721
learning721  

Yes ladio I get this!! Don't know what causes it. Sometimes i get a "buzzing" or vibrating feeling down there (not visible) but often i i get a tingling sensation in my feet and legs-and this usually only happens when i lay down. So you are not alone!

12/04/2009 07:02 AM
dharma79
dharma79  
VIP Member

The tingling, buzzing, vibrating, zapping...

Whatever you want to call it...It's the Lyme and friends screwing around with your nervous system...truly unnerving, I know...no pun intended! Wink

Lyme can attack any nerve in the body, any organ, any system. It takes control and gives itself free reign of your body.

I use Lyrica and Cymbalta and it works for 98% of the zapping. I've had it everywhere but when it is in my brain and spine, it is intolerable.

Hope this helps a little...Smile

When you lay down at the end of the day or whenever, it may seem worse because you can notice it more in a body at rest...or trying to rest, at least. Sideways

Post edited by: dharma79, at: 12/04/2009 07:04 AM

12/04/2009 07:56 AM
ladio30
ladio30  

Thank you so much for your replies. I just feel as though I'm going crazy. I'm waiting for the IGENEX test to come back and hoping it will say positive so I don't keep stressing wondering if I have something else.

My MD won't treat me but I am being treated naturally from a Naturpath who specializes in Lyme and because I am being treated, I feel like this should be getting better, not worse so then I wonder if maybe it isn't lyme and it is something else. Sad

12/04/2009 09:31 AM
dharma79
dharma79  
VIP Member

Has your MD checked you for everything else?

I think it is important to got through the motions to make sure it isn't something else that has a reliable test for it, unlike Lyme, which is a clinical diagnosis of exclusion because the tests are so bad for it.

Also, naturals can make you herx. Use the search bar here or Google Herximer reaction. When the little suckers die off, they leave behind some nasty toxins that cause a worsening os symptoms or new symptoms all together.

Hope this helps...

05/15/2011 09:43 AM
mem2062

ladio30 you are spot on! This tingling leg thing

is driving me insane! You, are right is gets worst when

you lay down but also when I sit infront of the computer.

When I am out in nature I cant feel the tingling but

as soon as I go to bed the tingling comes back.

It is a recipe for depression.....

05/15/2011 10:12 AM
espltd

yup yup it sure does get worse when laying down, for me I call it more of a crawling sensation though. For me its usually worse in my forearms too for some reason, either way its very maddening, and makes it nearly impossible to sleep.

Also I ve noticed recently when I lighten up on my ABX or take them earlier before bedtime its not as bad. I m thinking its something about stirring the lyme up with the ABX. Try taking your evening meds as far before bed as possible, it may help.

Post edited by: espltd, at: 05/15/2011 10:12 AM

05/15/2011 10:22 AM
callctr2000

Hi,

I also have the tingling in my arms, which is worse when I go to bed. The feeling is like all arteries and veins in my arms are burning.

I agree with everyone...it is a very disturbing feeling. I used to have this all over my arms, in my face, tongue, one eye and up the back of my neck. That lasted a few months and everyday was the biggest struggle to keep sane.

It has gotten better over time to now where it is limited to my arms.

05/31/2011 04:16 PM
DrScarlet

I got these strange vibrations in my hands and arms for months, always when I was asleep. It completely resolved with antibiotics but I do remember how uncomfortable it was to wake up an hour into sleep. Wow, I guess I can tick that off my list I'm making to remember how far I've come.

I also had this very strange thing when the air conditioner would hit my feet it would feel exactly like there was a water leak in my car and I thought my foot was covered in water! a couple of times I actually pulled over. I'm convinced there are no "odd" symptoms with Lyme Disease.

If you responded to antibiotics the first time, it certainly sounds like your infection was undertreated.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved