MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/03/2009 03:04 PM

Hate taking showers?(page 2)

gotthebestkids
gotthebestkids  

This is incredible! Although I don't have a PIC, it amazing to me how I DREAD taking a shower! I just went and got my hair cut and colored hoping to get a style that I would have to do NOTHING with. However, I ended up with a cut that I have to do more with than ever. I can't hold my arm up long enough to take a picture, how can I work on my hair for 15 minutes? Ugh. I am determined to conquer this.

I use to LOVE showers and being clean. I have three kids whom I have to bathe...I can wait...right? LOL

12/05/2009 11:31 AM
KStuff
KStuff  

Here's the kicker, my husband's disappointed that we can no longer have sex in the shower. Too bad, honey. I don't even have the energy to think about those things. Smile

12/06/2009 04:03 PM
fluffyluggage
fluffyluggage  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Sex? Did someone say sex? What's that? Anybody know? I THINK I used to have it, in a lifetime long, long ago... Sex... Hmm... I'll have to go see what that's all about. I think it requires energy, doesn't it? Oh, yeah, that's what you said above. Too bad! Tongue Anything requiring energy is NOT happening around here. LOL

12/06/2009 06:34 PM
cmal
cmal  

LMAO! Shower caps rule! My kids constantly are asking me..is that your clothes or pajamas? The line has become so blurred I no longer know. I was glad when the weather got cold becuase I can wear a coat and no longer need to wear a bra. Showering is exhausting! My arms are on fire trying to wash my hair...switched to 2 in 1 shampoo/cond..lol. Sex? Is there anyone with a strong sex drive?? Mine is non existant or completely insatiable!! Does anyone experience this "overdrive" so to speak. I've wondered, but never remember to ask..lol! You guys are the best...as I sit here after showering w/o washing my hair!

12/06/2009 08:18 PM
gotthebestkids
gotthebestkids  

I haven't tried the shower cap yet....maybe I will one of these days. No strong sex drive here....it seems a day doesn't go by that my husband reminds me of it. I feel so bad for him, but there is really nothing I can do! Can we help being so tired and in pain all of the time?

Question: Does anyone else have a large amount of fluid buildup on the back of their neck? My neck/upper back is constantly swollen and sore. It's difficult to keep my head up at times and it hurts to bend my neck in any direction. The doctor was concerned that I had contracted Spinal Meningitis but the tests came back negative. Guessing that this is just another "symptom" of Lyme? One that doesn't EVER seem to go away?

12/07/2009 02:06 AM
Avalon
Avalon  

Oh MY GOD! I can't believe it. I feel the same and wouldn't dare reveal it to anyone, but showering is an ordeal. Usually a painful ordeal and where I used to shower every day, now I'm lucky to get one twice a week. Soooo gross, but it's such a huge deal now.

I see a homeopathic doctor and she's treating my lymes so I'm not doing antibiotics and pic lines. But usually I either hop in the shower, wash quickly, and get out, or I fill the bath and get in for 10 minutes, wash and get out. A shower cap is my best friend! And a shower sponge! Very fast. lol.

Thank you all for being the same as me! I'm not alone!!!! yaya!!!!

We're alllll gross!!!! lol.

12/07/2009 01:42 PM
fluffyluggage
fluffyluggage  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yeah, I won't even admit to how long I can stretch out going without washing my hair, cuz it's such an ordeal! I get so exhausted trying to hold my arms up--and like I said before, I cut my hair pretty short (I chopped off 12 inches!), but it's still impossible to shampoo it and condition it in 1 shower. And forget trying to bathe and shave under my arms at the same time, too! Sheesh.

I'm like a slug... That's what I feel like. IDK if I have fluid build-up on my neck, but it's always sore and painful. I can't stretch too far. My back's always killing me--but that could have something to do with the herniated discs, who knows?

I feel old and I'm not even 35! We all sound like a bunch of grody old grandmas! LOL

12/07/2009 01:48 PM
jaime1978
jaime1978  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

yeah, showering is a big event for me...I try to every day...I have to jam music REAL loud to get my energy up enough just to do that...now shaving...what's that> haha...I try to every now n then, but man, just everything is such a chore, I'm getting to the point where I hate everything...everything takes SO much energy...gotta take daughter to girl scouts tonight, and stick around for an hour while they make those stupid peanut butter pinecones with birdseed on them......it's like sometimes the hours don't go by fast enough to get back into bed!

12/07/2009 05:23 PM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

Im down to showering 2x a week when I need to do my hair but I take a hot bath every night

12/07/2009 05:35 PM
lindaca

I use the kitchen sink sprayer for my hair, and definitely not daily. Sponge bath or regular bath for the rest, and I have one of those little vanity seats to use while drying my hair so I don't have to stand up too long. I added crushed fresh ginger, lemon zest, fresh rosemary and some rose absolute to my epsom salts bath this week... was kinda nice! Just don't like all the drama of waterproofing the picc line before the bath though... uck.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved