MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/16/2013 11:18 AM

FREE LYME CULTURE TEST

pampe
pampe  
Group Leader

Working through your doctor, you may be able to get a free Borrelia culture test as part of a continuing Lyme research program.

PLEASE NOTE:

Contact your DOCTOR to order the Lyme culture test. Instead of contacting Advanced Laboratory Services directly we ask that you please EMAIL, PRINT OR FAX this information to your doctor.

Your doctor will have to submit the formal request form for a test kit, which can be found here: http://www.advanced-lab.com/order-form.php

http://lymedisease.org/news/touchedbylyme/lyme-test- research.html

01/16/2013 11:39 AM
Gino1

Hi. Did you have this test. ?

01/16/2013 11:51 AM
pampe
pampe  
Group Leader

No I don't need it. Already diagnosed with CDC. Positive WB.

01/16/2013 12:02 PM
TickBuffet
TickBuffetPosts: 65

I don't have a doctor. Can I just go to any doctor and get this? Like a dermatologist? I've been to a derm a few times this year for shingles but other than that...haven't seen a doc in forever.

I really, really need to be tested and money has been the only thing keeping me from it!

Getting tested has been my #1 priority since September and "emergencies" keep popping up and taking what little money I have. This would be great!

01/16/2013 05:51 PM
pampe
pampe  
Group Leader

go for it....

01/18/2013 11:08 AM
TickBuffet
TickBuffetPosts: 65

Just got an email regarding the "free testing" and it's bad news for me because I'm in GA.

"This trial is poised to begin, but they are not ready to start yet. Apparently lots of paperwork still has to be worked on (IRB, consent forms, HIPAA authorizations, etc.). In addition, they are legally only able to accept research specimens from the following states:

CA, CT, FL, IA, MD, MA, MN, NH, NJ, OR, PA, UT, VA, VT and WI.

So if you do not practice in any of these, your patients would not be eligible (apparently each state requires a different HIPAA and consent form, so they limited the number of states in an effort to contain legal costs)."

Bummer.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved