MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/04/2012 08:46 PM

Air hunger?

mkinsvater

Air hunger is one of Babesia's many wonderful side effects. My lack of proper oxygen intake is so debilitating I've had to quit work and walking up the stairs is enough to wind me for hours. I'm 21 and looking for someone's help on the matter! Anyone know any treatments or remedies to help this?

I spend most of my days hooked up to an IV pole and to get out when I can is a mental life savior! I can't lose my small sense if normality!

Love, hope and strength to you all!

12/04/2012 08:48 PM
mkinsvater

Do people do Oxygen Treatment for this? I'm willing to do anything.

12/04/2012 09:36 PM
jda815
jda815  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I don't know that it's a function of low oxygen. My oxygen level shows 99% even when I'm having symptoms, and I know others have seen a pulmonologist and of course nothing wrong was found.

However, Lyme hates oxygen. It appears to be good for other reasons, within limits of course.

Some people yawn to help. I haven't found anything that helps yet. The only thing I can do is try to breath slow and controlled and not panic.

12/04/2012 11:59 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

It's my understanding that "Air Hunger" is caused by "Low Iron" not "Low Oxygen".

If a person has a "Blood Parasite" like Babs, Malaria, Strongyloides, etc., these infections will feed off the iron in the victim's blood, causing "Air Hunger" The only thing that will get rid of the "Air Hunger" is treating & getting rid of the parasite/s.

You need to discuss with your LLMD what type of treatment is best for you, Rx or Herbal. Artemesia Annua is used as an Herbal Remedy.

Post edited by: RavenLunatic, at: 12/05/2012 12:15 AM

12/05/2012 04:32 AM
kimhouston

I am not sure I have experienced this. Last night i did wake up several times gasping for air. is that air hunger?

what I do know as a yoga instructor is breathing techniques can help some people who have trouble breathing.

this link will explain the purpose of mindful breathing and techniques to get started.

http://www.yogajournal.com/practice/219

bare in mind that this is a life long practice that can be challenging, please stay with it.

good luck

12/05/2012 06:54 AM
peppermini

ravenlunatic,

Thanks for a great explanation of what is the process by which blood parasites cause air hunger.

This was one of my earliest symptoms and I subsequently was diagnosed with Lyme and Babesia.

It was interesting how I would have air hunger in the day time when for no reason I would take a deep breath (an involuntary response) and would wake at night anxiously feeling like I had stopped breathing.

Post edited by: peppermini, at: 12/05/2012 06:55 AM

12/05/2012 07:19 AM
ten1988
ten1988  

Artemisinin is good like raven said for babesia, and other parasites. The parasite babesia hides inside red blood cells and devours them inside out, feeding on them. There are many many strains of this infection.

Atovaquone(Mepron) is a good pharmaceutical treatment, works by stopping babesia's feeding process causing death but idk if this works on every strain. Albendazole may also be helpful. Black walnut hull combined with Artemesia Annua and Fresh ground cloves is another good herbal treatment.

Nutramedix products Enula combined with Cumanda is also an effective treatment for babesia.

This one needs treated for prolonged periods of time also, just as lyme does. I still get air hunger after 2.5 years of treatment. It has however, diminished to a minimum, and the waking up and gasping for a breath has stopped.

12/05/2012 07:22 AM
mkinsvater

Thank you each and every one of you! You've provided me with lots of great advice and information

It's wonderful to have so much support!

Lots of love

12/05/2012 12:46 PM
mysticthecat
mysticthecat  
Group Leader

My air hungar has been while awake and I breathe ok, I just feel oxygen deprived.... Like breathing isn't doing what it's suppose to do. It's really awful.

I'm not sure but waking up gasping for breath sounds different... like maybe you could have obstructive sleep apnea.

Some people get great relief using a cpap machine for apnea.

12/05/2012 01:30 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

Kim - I have never tested positive for Babs but, I know that does not mean anything. I did however know that I was infected with Strongyloides, another blood parasite.

Like you, I would wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air, as if I was being choked or held underwater. After treating & ridding my body of the Strongyloides (& possibly Babs, who knows), the air hunger at night has completely gone away.

Hope you all are able to find the right treatment & relief you so desperately need & deserve. Best wishes!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved