MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/24/2009 09:41 PM

esptan barr?

blackws600
blackws600  

Well an update to my problem. I finally got some answers today. I went to my dr. and long story short he informed me a test for epstan bar a month ago was high. And my white blood cell count was off. He's come to the conclusion i have some form of esptan barr. But says i hafta wait until dec. 12 to take the test again (so they know which form i have?). I hafta wait due to me being on antibiotics a few weeks ago. Anyways whats everyones thoughts on this. It scares the crap out of me. Esp. knowing i have lyme on top of it? I'm really worried about my spleen aswell. my job involves lifting /unloading boxs all day long. Anyways, what should i do? Herbals? what do you recommed.

11/24/2009 09:47 PM
jayj
jayj  

I also was told I had EBV just before Lyme diagnosis. Stress can also cause this to flare up from what I was told. You do need to be careful with the spleen. I know they definetly tell you not to play sports etc. if spleen is enlarged. I did still work when I had it. Though it was miserable.

11/24/2009 10:25 PM
blackws600
blackws600  

yea works really really been hard latley. I've been taking adrenal cortex/vitamin d/ b vitamins/and vitamin c. I just didnt know if theres anything else i can take to help get rid of this. Or atleast make life easier on myself.

11/24/2009 11:54 PM
learning721
learning721  

I also was diagnosed with high levels of EBV. This is common with lyme. There are plenty of herbal anti-viral's you can do- Go to the medicine and treatments forum under lyme and read the posts on samento and Olive leaf extract. Olive leaf addresses EBV- i use it daily now. It has MANY benefits including attacking lyme. Anyway, everything gets thrown out of wack with this illness- including any viruses or other parasites you had just sitting "dormant" in you. Vit C is also helpful which i read you are doing, and wild meditereanean (can't spell anymore!) oregano oil is also anti-viral.

11/24/2009 11:55 PM
larae
larae  

Hi- could you please let me know who diagnosed you with Lyme disease? I had a negative Elise and WB but I fit the profile to a tee. I have this gut feeling I have it, with the digression and I too had EBV

barbwaske@juno.com

11/25/2009 05:45 AM
Tennesseemom7
Tennesseemom7  

Hi Larae,

I finally figured out I had Lyme because my 7th doc put me on Doxy just in case....He didn't know what was wrong and we had to wait for the 20++ tests he ran on me. My body reacted and I had 4 days of living hell. I waited for my results and everything was neg, some things a little low and some things a little high. But no answers, and my WB and Elisa was neg.

I found a LLMD and had the Lyme test through Igenex and I was off the charts..You'll see on the bottom of the post. I am pos for Lyme, Babesia and Bartonella. Now I am on 4 abx. and 12 supplements...EEEKKK But I have an answer...The test was $920.00 through Igenex and worth every penny. I submitted it through my insur. BCBS and I am still waiting and hoping they will pick up some of it.

My suggestion to you it find a LLMD and take all of your records with you and you'll have a answer. Lyme is a clinical dx. but I chose to have the test ran because you have to treat the co-infections different than the Lyme. And because of my symptoms I figured I had them..

If I can help you at all please let me know.

Brenda

11/25/2009 01:11 PM
waxby
waxbyPosts: 4811
VIP Member

Good Lord, another reminder of the multiple dozens of symptom and co-infections I have/had!EBV(and mono-they're related,and CMV-cytomagalo virus,and I'm just gettin started).I had severe debillitating fatigue for years.It's all but gone now.I suspect it was primarily from these.Who knows?I had a million other things that have come and gone too.My Holistic Dr used homeopathy(of course I'm doing a wealth of other things as well)to eradicate the Epstein Barr and other co-infections.Gone...Where?...Don't know......

Post edited by: waxby, at: 11/26/2009 11:01 PM

11/26/2009 10:05 PM
blackws600
blackws600  

so im gonna start taking olive leaf extract. But im really worried about my chest. The tightness in my upper chest its wierd. I dont have congestion. But my chest/broncial tube stay TIGHT. I've tried heat/anti inflamatorys ext. And nothings seemed to help. I have days were its alil better. Then days were its really bad. I cant tell if it all coralates to the ebv? Or i have walking pnumina? *even tho i tested negative for it a few times. I just really dont know? i've had this roughly 4 months.

11/26/2009 11:05 PM
larae
larae  

Hi-

thank you. I hate to be cynical but I just heard from my infectious disease MD that Igenex lab was a little on the quackery side. He said that not one person has come back negative from lyme and he reviewed a person's slide that was a platelet, not what they said it was. There is even a warning on the CDC sight warning against that lab. But, a ND told me I should get my blood tested there anyhow. Even so, what is the latest treatment for it, and do you see improvement?

Antibiotics, antiviral meds? Besides the supplements and food illimanation diet. I'm just looking for more...obviously to be more human! Smile

thank you,

Barb

11/27/2009 02:44 AM
learning721
learning721  

Mention the tightness to your LLMD/dr. it could be just another "invisable" symptom of lyme but if you're worried get it checked out. I havent had this feeling personally but maybe someone else here has.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved