MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/24/2009 05:52 PM

vanishing half moons/lunula

learning721
learning721  

Does anyone notice that the white half moon on the base of their finger nails are getting smaller or dissapearing? If anyone has this please tell me how long or what helped it. I've heard it could be b12 deficiency but the last time my level was checked i was fine. Anyone hear anything different? thanks!

11/24/2009 06:18 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

I just looked and all of mine are gone. Something I haven't even thought of. I have a very small one on both thumb nails. I looked at my husbands fingernails and he doesn't have any. He told me that to his knowledge he has never had any. I've never heard of that being a symptom of anything but it is very interesting!

11/24/2009 06:26 PM
learning721
learning721  

I heard for people who have never had any it is not an issue, but if you do have them and they start to go away it signals a deficiency or health issue. I heard on another forum b12 but i'm curious to see what anyone here knows.

11/26/2009 12:35 AM
learning721
learning721  

does anyone else get this too???

11/26/2009 02:24 PM
waxby
waxbyPosts: 4811
VIP Member

Hi L721.All my crescents are gone but for the small slivers on my thumbs.However,all my nails do have ridges parallel with my fingers.These things(as well as eyes, tongue,etc.) are diagnostic tools,I know, for some healers.Chinese medicine?Eastern Indian?Someone out here in Lymie Land knows,I'm sure of it.Shall we just wait together for the feedback,OK Learning?Care to join me in my tree... out on a limb(got lotsa those)...in our straight jackets...lookin like cocoons...hangin by a thread...waitin for a butterfly...under the moon........?Slice of pizza pie and some lemon water?Hmmmmm?.............Stick a fork in me...I'm done........Mitchell.........

11/26/2009 02:45 PM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

I have ridges real bad....no moons

11/26/2009 02:53 PM
Tennesseemom7
Tennesseemom7  

Wow, I hadn't noticed till now. Mine are all almost gone, crazy. I know they were there before. I would love to know what this means for sure. I was very low on vit B and I started taking sublingual B complex and my number went up.....

11/26/2009 11:52 PM
learning721
learning721  

Okay did more research and wish i hadn't...don't think i should post the many things i found, many possibilities.....It all comes down to another sign of just being darn SICK. I will ask my doc (dec 3) and THEN post what she says. But if anyone else cares to post what they found be my guest- nothing surprises me anymore.

YES mitchell save me a spot on your tree but if it starts to thunder you may find me on YOUR branch, quaking with holy fear. And pizza sounds great what does it have on it? My beasties are craving some apparently.

That brings up a good question- how often are we allowed to cheat? I mean this eating like a rabbit thing isn't exactly a piece of pie- no pun intended- okay, maybe it was. Silly Tongue

Post edited by: learning721, at: 11/27/2009 12:00 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved