MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/26/2012 03:31 PM

head pain behind my right ear related to Lyme??

Roxyblueyes
Roxyblueyes  

I have Lyme, RMSF, Ehrlichiosis, and Bart.

For the past 3 weeks or so, I have had a pain in my head about an inch behind my right ear.

It's constant. Typically dull and achey, but becomes sharp and stabbing at times.

It's kind of muscle deep. It's not a headache and it's not skin pain... It's actually kinda hard to describe.

ANyone else had something similar to this?

I have a neurologist appt tomorrow and I'd like to go prepared to fight for or against Lyne & co.

09/26/2012 03:53 PM
vickgould
vickgould  

Don't know. My daughter seems to have a similar problem but we think that she was bitten behind the ear.

10/18/2012 06:20 PM
Roxyblueyes
Roxyblueyes  

anyone else have this??

10/18/2012 07:11 PM
tweety9

I have Rocky Mountain Fever and I have ice pick headaches behind my ear. It is sharp, stabbing intermittent pain that lasts a second and comes and goes. It feels like a circuit is shorting out -- it is hard to describe. I have had this for over 20 years. I also have Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN) and Atypical trigeminal neuralgia (ATN) which is at least 10 times worse, but it is in the face and in my ear. I started having these pains over 10 months ago.

My LLMD feels I have Bartonella as well despite my negative test results. I have read that Bartonella causes these ice pick pains.

10/18/2012 07:27 PM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

I get exactly what you are describing. Usually just one side or the other, sometimes both sides.

For me - I have linked this pain to the same times that I have neck stiffness and spine pain. the spine pain may not be present the entire time, but the neck stiffness is.

I've been thinking this is like a "lyme meningitis" for me....

For me it usually goes away anywhere from 2-5 weeks.

I've found hot baths where I soak my head help.

Sometimes the opposite - I will put an ice gel pack on my pillow and lay on it.

Spearmint essential oils rubbed on my neck and the area right where it is hurting.

I get massages and when it happens she works on my head, does lymphatic draining...and that really helps the most.

I'm sorry you are having this pain Sad

Post edited by: purpleyogamat, at: 10/18/2012 07:28 PM

10/18/2012 07:34 PM
tweety9

Yes, neck pain does seem to happen at the same time. I had acupuncture 4 years ago as the ice pick pain was was so intens, painful and unrelenting and it really helped. I also find proper breathing techniques make a difference -- I guess I was breathing through my chest instead of my belly and it sounds crazy but I had to learn how to breathe properly again.

I always get this ice pick pain when I have a bladder infection, when I feel stressed or my body is fighting something.

10/18/2012 07:42 PM
shellie
shellie  

right behind my right ear base of the skull ...this was my first crazy symptom with a fever...i still get it all the time/// its uaually dull but sometimes its sharp/..after all the other crazy symptoms have past...i still have this one,,,they said i didnt have lyme but i still believe i might..

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved