MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/26/2012 01:13 PM

FL 1953

zroberts1991

I went and saw Dr Fry today as I live in Arizona and wanted a second opinion on my Lyme Diagnosis (Dx by naturopath 3 months ago).

He is doubting that I have Lyme, and that it could probably be due to FL 1953 (a parasite he discovered)

Reading through the material on it is scaring the shit out of me, it seems there is no cure and only a non fat diet can help symptoms, but Im already way too skinny as it is.

Im not sure if I could deal with this diagnosis. 9 months ago I was perfectly healthy, and now I may have to find out that I will never regain my health.

09/26/2012 01:25 PM
jbailey

Hi, Did you get tested specifically for Lyme via Western blot or other test? If you did, can you please share your results with us? Did you have any positive bands? If tested, what lab did your testing?

09/26/2012 01:28 PM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

hi zroberts,

There is a forum on MDJ just for Fl1953 - http://www.mdjunction.com/protomyxzoa-rheumatica

With diet and treatment, FL1953 can be managed. There is no cure yet.... but there is no cure for lyme and many of the coinfections. Right now the goal is to lower the infection load so that your immune system can take over again.

You can get to a place where your symptoms are significantly lower, or even gone as long as you keep to a the diet and any long term treatment needed. So your health can be regained...

blessings,

purple

Post edited by: purpleyogamat, at: 09/26/2012 01:29 PM

09/26/2012 01:31 PM
zroberts1991

So I would feel like shit until there is a cure and I can only manage it??

My iGenX test was positive for IGG 31 and 41, IGM 41 and IND on 39. My Cd 57 was a 16. But Dr Fry has said that IGenX is highly sensitive and that isn't enough to confirm a positive Lyme Diagnosis.

Im at my wits end, I dont know if I can handle another diagnosis/treatment for a disease where remission is even an expectation. Im done

09/26/2012 01:37 PM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

No...

with diet and treatment, you will weaken the bugs and lower the symptoms.

Many people notice significant improvement in symptoms by following the diet alone. This means lower pain, lower fatigue, higher energy, clearer thinking, less twitching, etc.

You could always treat Fl1953 (a lot of natural treatments are very effective! so you could do the diet and this alone).... and then use your ND to treat the lyme.

Please hold onto hope.... feeling better IS possible.

blessings,

purple

09/27/2012 12:33 PM
zroberts1991

From what Ive been reading though it seems as if anyone who tests with Dr. Fry will test positive for this parasite. I think anyone on this board who uses that test will come up for it. To me the whole thing seems a bit fishy, and not so legitimate.

09/27/2012 01:19 PM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

Not everyone, zroberts, but a great deal, perhaps.

Many LLMDs are starting to test and treat for this.

Dr. Corson who has presented on FL1953 (she is treating her patients for it) said out of 103 of her patients 78 tested positive.

She has had success treating her patients and getting them feeling better...

Dr. Klinghardt has had success with is protocol, too.

The common denominator in all the treatment is the diet.

blessings,

purple

10/01/2012 05:23 PM
ljay27
ljay27  

zroberts1991- Im not sure if this eases your mind or not but I have a friend who treated FL 1953 and is 100% better. Im sure you have seen her story online and on youtube. She also has a blog called lamp post

http://christavanderham.blogspot.ca/2011/01/mysterious- devastating-curable-fl-1953.html

I know her and we have spoken about her treatment. She treated lyme and co's for years with no progress, but when she went on the no fat diet improved by 25% , the most improvement she ever had. She is not ill anymore thanks to Dr Fry.

Then when the biofilm levels were down the abx got the rest of it. so 100% i believe in this protazo because finding it saved my friends life.

she also had to use a lot of detox as with FL 1953 - there is a lot of toxic die off.it was a process of trial and error.

It seems like you are new to the lyme dx and I think you need to give suggested treatments a chance before you can be doubtful as whether they work or if your dx is corect. Your symptoms, from what i have read, sound very lyme like, and babesia. sweats sound like fl 1953.

good luck!

10/01/2012 05:52 PM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

thanks for the post lj Smile

10/01/2012 06:06 PM
ljay27
ljay27  

very welcome! also - the medications used for her to get better with the FL1953 were malerone and alinia i believe?? Ivermectin may have been used. Shes away in Europe right now, so I dont want to bother her and ask her but it may be on her blog or in her film and ill ask her when she returns.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved