MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/31/2012 04:58 PM

FULL MOON

ajg33nyc

I have read older post's about the full moon making symptom's more intense?

I really feel my bart symptom's get more intense with the full moon like today and tonightSad

Anyone?

Thank's

Anthony

08/31/2012 05:28 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

I agree, Anthony. I use to flair every New & Full moon. Mine was due to a protozoan infection. Once I treated for that, I haven't lunar cycled since.

My LLMD told me parasites usually lay their eggs on the New Moon & then they hatch on or around the Full Moon. That is why the Full Moon flair up is worse than the New Moon. At least mine was, anyways!!!

Post edited by: RavenLunatic, at: 08/31/2012 05:30 PM

08/31/2012 06:31 PM
ajg33nyc

@ Raven

When you say protozoan infection do you mean babasia?

08/31/2012 07:32 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

I'm assuming Babs, as I never tested positive. I know for a fact that I also had a filarial disease, Heartworm. (I helped out at a local, dog shelter before I got really sick)

Yes... humans can get Heartworm if they are immune compromised. Sadly, my son has been DXed by a CDC Dr. with Heartworm too.

Artemesia Annua treats both of these infections, so if I did have Babs, it must have gotten rid of that also. No lunar flairs for over 8 months, so far!!!

09/03/2012 01:07 AM
nank59
nank59  

The full moon usually causes my symptoms to worsen.

The most recent full moon cycle was extremely disturbing. Not only did it cause problems, but I had encountered three straight days of enormous amounts of activity during the cycle.

This was the worst that I've felt in a while. I am feeling a little better today.

09/03/2012 07:38 AM
Rifetolife

New moon for me--big time. I wonder what the difference is? Why some people r affected during new moon and others during full moon?!

09/05/2012 04:18 PM
lymeinmich

I have been 90 - 100% for awhile, however the full moon brought a flare of symptoms just reality that it is still alive in me.

I had a flare for just 1 day, the day of the full moon.

So for now I keep plugging away and hope to be posting in "success stories" soon.

Oh and I never tell people the whole full moon thing, cuz you know the reaction we would get!

Hard enough telling people we have Lyme, and forget about Co's.

I noticed co-workers complaining of feeling awful that day as well.

My daughter who is a nurse says, "er's are always busy on a full moon". Also says they have a saying when it's crazy at the hospital, "must be a full moon tonight"!

Guessing there is some merit to it but still sounds freakishly strange to me Smile

Post edited by: lymeinmich, at: 09/05/2012 04:24 PM

12/15/2012 09:39 AM
bloopy

I just pieced together that symptoms worsen for me on the new moon. This month's new moon was on the 13th and I notice I get a headache every month just before the new moon. This one happened on the 12th. After that I feel like I am digging myself out of a trench for the next week. My symptoms seem to be the weakest on the full moon. I am trying to figure out how to treat based on this cycle. I am assuming the worsening of symptoms coincides with chronic reactivation/ reproduction. Should we anticipate this and updose into the flare? This seems to be a common enough phenomon that there should be some studies done. There must be something we can glean from the correlation.

12/15/2012 06:11 PM
neska

here is a link to explain the moon phases on the lyme.

full and new moons are the best time to detox

http://www.mdjunction.com/index2.php?option=com_content& task=view&id=136198&pop=1&page=0&ltemid=6933

12/15/2012 06:49 PM
bloopy

Thanks!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved