MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/08/2012 02:37 AM

Positive Igm but Negative Igg ?? Is it Lyme or NOT

lostinjersey

I have been testing positive Igm since 2008 but negative IGG and CDC/NYS is positive but the dr think . don't have Lyme yet I have all of the symptoms. Lyme AB screen is a 1.24, the positive bands are 23,31,34,39,41. I have :

Bells Palsy,muscles aches, tremors, high blood pressure, weight gain,ADD,anxiety, strange nerve sensations, puffy face,anxiety,panic attacks,depression,short term memory loss,brain fog,fatigue,constant ear infections and sinus infections, steroids made me feel like death,the list goes on..been laid off of work three time because I cannot do my job when I used to run circles around everyone....

..I JUST WANT TO FEEL LIKE MY OLD SELF CANNOT TAKE IT ANY MORE

its been about ten years of back forth to the doctors, no one wants to help me..I been seen by 2 different neurologists and they say I do not have MS.I am afraid I am about to give up. Please help.!! any advice is appreciated..

05/08/2012 08:33 AM
littlegirlbigdream
littlegirlbigdream  

You have lyme.

It makes sense that your IgM is postive and the IgG is negative.

This is because it is a current infection, it is sort of like you are being infected over and over again. Lyme is a very weird disease.

Here is what the bands that you have mean:

23-25: Outer surface protein C (osp C).

31: Outer surface protein A (osp A). 34: Outer surface protein B (osp

34 outer surface protein B (Osp; specific for Bb

39 is a major protein of Bb flagellin; specific for Bb

41 flagellin protein of all spirochetes; this is usually the first to appear after a Bb infection and is specific for all Borrellia

Here is the link I got it from:

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/tips/1092391-missouri-drcs-western-blot-explanations- of-nos#1093495

You need to see a llmd as soon as possible. If you go to the regular lyme group, there is a certain list of questions that you need to answer, but they will be able to help find one in you area or the closest one to you.

http://www.mdjunction.com/lyme-disease

05/15/2012 02:15 PM
nank59
nank59  

Testing is so complex.

I believe that your IgM and IgG could fluctuate back and forth depending on what the evil spirochete are up to.

I agree that you should go to the general Lyme Disease Support Forum and request additional LLMD contact information to be PMed to you.

You should be able to obtain information regarding trusted and tried LLMDs and LLNDs.

You have so many classic symptoms and positive Lyme specific bands.

Best wishes - hoping that you find the help that you need really soon!

Hugs!!

Post edited by: nank59, at: 05/15/2012 02:19 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved