MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/09/2011 04:45 AM

Chiropractic

hawakeita
hawakeita  
I'm an Advocate

Hello, I recently fell upon one of the millions of NYC street fairs that are going on all the time, but this time, amongst the gyros, funnel cakes and pashmina, there was a Chiropractic. His sign said "muscle pain. joint pain. fatigue..." So, I stopped and asked him if he's seen success using Chiropractic with Lupus. Well, he's never had a Lupus patient, but that he has seen success with MS and Fibro. Just wondering if anyone has used Chiropractic and what their experience was.

10/09/2011 07:45 AM
J3man
J3man  

Hello hawakeita! I have been seeing a Chiropractor since I got diagnosed with SLE/Lupus over 25 years ago and it has kept me mobile and functioning better. Especially since I was a roofer for most of those years! LOL! It has been my experience that keeping an open mind to ALL types of therapy and treatment is the best thing people like us have going for them. Give Chiropractic a try...it may or may not help but at least you will have tried something that might help. It doesn't hurt to try new approaches to treatment as I myself have done over the years. Here is a list of some other treatments I have subjected myself to: Dietary changes , Health Supplements , Massage Therapy , Accupuncture , Medications (sometimes unavoidable...LOL!) , etc. None of these things has "cured" me but ALL of them have helped me cope and get on with my life. Please make sure that you get a QUALITY Chiropractor should you decide to try this form of treatment. Best of luck and I hope you see some relief from EVERYTHING you decide to attempt. Little Brother Lupus , Bryan

10/09/2011 04:45 PM
ncgirl
ncgirl  

MK, I love and miss NYC! My mom is an R.N. and she has been trying to get me to see her Chiropractor for a couple of years (she used to be a huge non-believer when we lived in NY, now she sings Chiro praises). I would go but it is over an hour from me and it never seems to work out that I am near his area during typical working hours. I have often thought that it would help me; I don't really think I have anything to lose by trying it out. If you try it out please let us know if you feel a little better!

Julie

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved