MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/14/2009 03:19 PM

Negative blood tests

SherryInFL

For the most part most of my testing came back -. So they kept me on prednisone (taper down to 5 on Wed), 400 plaquenil, and that is it. They said that I have inflammatory arthritis for sure. Well duh? I cant write or type for more then a few minutes before everything hurts. I feel like I have the flu, so tired and achey all the time, sores in my mouth finally went away on the prednisone (10mg), facial rash. They said in 3 weeks if I am still hurting they will try metx. I thought it took longer then 5 weeks for plaquenil to kick in? I can not take any nsaids because I also throw clots and am on coumadin. They called in a script for ultram??? I guess I am supposed to just hurt and wait? Ugh.

09/15/2009 09:38 AM
SherryInFL

Bump anyone?

09/15/2009 10:17 AM
redhairali
redhairali  
Group Leader

It can take up to 6 months for the Plaquinal to fully kick in. In my opinion your doctor should treat you based on how you feel, not what the labs say. It seems like sometimes they don't match up. I know this really isn't much help, but I hope you feel better soon.

Alison

09/15/2009 06:34 PM
KJC1385
KJC1385  

I totally agree! My labs defintiely don't match with my symptoms but my doctor treats my symptoms, not the lab work. And Ali is right...Plaquenil does take 6 months to completely work. Hopefully it will take care of your mouth ulcers if nothing else. It was a miracle for me. I still get the occassional ulcer here or there and with flares but within in 3 months I noticed a significant difference in the number and severity of ulcers and within 6 months they were gone Smile

09/15/2009 06:56 PM
SherryInFL

I am hurting so bad tonight. I feel like I have a UTI and my hands are hurting like crazy. Headache from h***. Generally feeling like crap. Got major bruises from I have no idea where all over. Back hurting and chest hurts when I take a deep breath. I am afraid if I call my dr they will just think I am making things up. I can't take anything for pain cause tylenol does nothing but make the bladder issues feel worse and does nothing for pain and NSAIDS are out cause I am on coumadin.

09/15/2009 07:06 PM
KJC1385
KJC1385  

I'm sorry Sherry...I am really hating your doctors! Maybe you could get a second opinion...Someone who actually cares...You deserve better than how you are being treated. Trust me, I went years and years with doctors who thought my symptoms for celiac disease were all in my head or just brushed me off or worse...I have so much bitterness towards doctors you wouldn't believe...I don't think I would have half the problems I have if I had the right doctors and been diagnosed much earlier. Now, I have a great team of doctors who listen and actually care about me and never give up. I love all of them. Its hard and you have to be persistent but it will benefit you in the long run. You will get better care. You should never be afraid to call you dr. because they will think your making up your symptoms...Thats crazy! I hope I don't come off sounding pissed at you because I'm not...I am mad at the doctors that do this to you and so many of us. It's just not right.

Feel better!!!

09/15/2009 07:13 PM
redhairali
redhairali  
Group Leader

Could your INR be high? If you are getting bruises for no reason, is it a possibility. It does sound like a call to the doctor might be needed.

Also you can take Excedrin Tension Headache, it made with Acetaminophen 500 mg plus caffeine 65mg. I know some of the people use it on my APS board when other things don't work. And we are all on blood thinners.

Alison

Post edited by: redhairali, at: 09/15/2009 07:22 PM

09/15/2009 07:21 PM
SherryInFL

I am going to have my INR checked tomorrow.

09/15/2009 07:26 PM
redhairali
redhairali  
Group Leader

Let us know how it goes. What is your normal range?

Alison

09/15/2009 10:13 PM
heidiclouser

isn't ultram for pain? I remember trying it years ago and didn't stick with it so i guess it didn't do anything.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved