MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/02/2009 05:50 PM

hot feet

imsweetestkitty

This might sound wierd...but does anyone get hot or burning feet at night? Some nights my feet feel so hot that I need to wrap my feet in a cold wet towel all night. They are not hot to the touch...its more of an inside thing. I sometimes have to run to the bath and run cold water under my feet. The cold water relieves the hottness but as soon as I get back in bed my feet are hot again! Does this happen to anyone else???

06/02/2009 07:21 PM
redhairali
redhairali  
Group Leader

I have never heard of that. I would think a circulation problem, but then it would be hot to the touch. Maybe someone else has a similar problem. have you brought this up with your doctor? I am sure this is frustrating for you. Sorry I am not much of a help.

Alison

06/02/2009 08:09 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I get this alot and was told it was neuropathy in my feet and that was 7 years ago. I was put on neurontin at first which helped immensely and now I am taking tegretol which helps even more so. I have central nervous system lupus and thats why the feet are so bad. At first I wasn't able to put the sheets on my feet or any type of covering but now with the medicaiton its not nearly as bad. Please let your rheumy know about this.

Eva

06/03/2009 05:58 PM
imsweetestkitty

Thanks so much. This is good to know....I will be sure to talk to my rheumy about it. I ended up Getting up at 3:00 am to wet a towel and wrap my feet but after a while even with the wet towel my feet felt hot.

06/03/2009 08:14 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Gosh I am so sorry.....I don't know what else to suggest to try, how about rubbing them with some lotion...again let your rheumy know they might have suggestions other than medications. Good luck wiht this!

Eva

06/03/2009 09:03 PM
lupus05
lupus05  

I have the samething sometimes my feet feel so hot and I can't stand it and I do get up and go run cold water over my feet and then go and turn on my fan and face it toward my feet or do the same and get a wet cold wash cloth and put it on my feet. I don't never think about it when I visit my doctor it only happens at night and when Im in bed already. I was talking to my sister and she said she gets that way but she has dibetis sorry I'm a bad speller.

06/30/2009 10:26 PM
Tillie
Tillie  

I get this also, then the opposite, where my feet get cold, numb, then turn blue/black... then all a few minutes later they get feeling back in them and turn bright red and hot-same with my hands. I was told it was Reynaud's Syndrome...

07/01/2009 08:45 AM
KJC1385
KJC1385  

I don't get the hot feet but I do get the extremely cold feet like Tillie where they turn blue and my fingers do the same thing....Then they tingle and turn back to normal when they warm up....But when I take a hot shower they don't feel hot but they are always bright red like a lobster. I also have Raynaud's Phenomenon from the lupus.

07/01/2009 11:11 AM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

My hands and feet are always a bright red color and I asked the rheumy about this and she said it was due to lupus.....I hate it because people do remark about my bright red feet, I think there just jealous of the beautiful shade of red hee...heee..

Eva

07/01/2009 11:21 AM
KJC1385
KJC1385  

Hey I think the lobster look is great Smile Its the purple I don't like so much...Kind of looks like dead shrimp!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved