MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/12/2009 04:56 PM

marijuanna

cindyjo
cindyjo  

everyone wants me to try marijuanna for my pain instead of all the pain pills what should i tell them they say its healthier

05/12/2009 05:28 PM
kali

It's not a very strong pain reliever compared to prescription pain meds.It's more of an anti-emetic (controls nausea)but again there are better ones available by prescription.Plus it's not legal most places.

05/12/2009 06:24 PM
asuther3

depends on how severe. what type of pain are you having?

05/12/2009 08:53 PM
cindyjo
cindyjo  

well i have a RA ans besides that i have chronic back pain due to my kidney disease i also suffer from migraines and i have joint pain all the time

07/19/2009 02:51 PM
asuther3

for some people it eases the pain for almost all symptoms, for others not so much. for me personally its been more helpful regarding digestive symptoms and joint pain. for severe pain i would depend more on prescription drugs, but like i said, it affects everyone differently so you would have to experiment.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved