CELLCEPT

cindyjo
cindyjo  

THIS MEDICATION TURNS MY STOMACH ANY SUGGESTION TO STOP THAT

Post edited by: cindyjo, at: 05/11/2009 02:56 PM

05/11/2009 03:21 PM
Gen

Cindyjo,

I'm on it for the second time. Just starting out with it at one pill twice a day. After blood test next week will go to two pills twice a day.

The problem last time was I was getting so sick from it. I waasen't able to split the times and give myself enough time in between to not eat.

I'm trying it again. Still getting a little sick, but I'm not on the full dose yet. Let me know if you have any answers..... Gen

05/11/2009 04:04 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Cindy,

I was on cellcept for many years and it truly was working great for me until this past December. I started to get an ulcer from this even though my rheumy put me on previcid so maybe you can ask your rheumatologist to give you something to coat your stomach with while your on this medication.

Eva

05/11/2009 04:10 PM
cindyjo
cindyjo  

iam i have an appointment this thursday so im going to ask i only being on it 3 months but i think the other medications i take may be causing the stomach aches too. thank you so much

05/11/2009 04:13 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Alot of these powerful medications do cause stomach issues along with other problems. I sure hope your doctor can help you with this.

Eva

05/12/2009 06:05 AM
PrincessK
PrincessKPosts: 853

Have you heard of phenergan. It helps with nausea. Makes you sleepy but it really helped me with nausea. Ask your doctor and see what he thinks. I use to vomit every day (yeah I was really small)....I think it was the Plaguenil that did that to me, I got on Phenergan when I was pregnant because I vomitted everyday and couldn't gain weight for 8 WHOLE MONTHS. So when I was diagnosed and was put on meds, same problem, I went back on it and have been good since.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved