MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/14/2009 08:03 AM

New Here

babies1
babies1  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello, I am new to this group but belong to other groups on this site. I have been dx with multiple, overlapping rheu. diseases about 5 yrs. ago.

Raynaud's

Sjogren's

RA

Lupus

left lung fibrosis

Fibromyalgia

myositis

RLS

I have really bad flare-ups in times of stress, like now, but I generally deal with it all pretty well.

I can't take any kind of NSAID'S but do take flexeril, and mirapex. Mirapex is great for RLS!

The thing that helps me the most is being in the water. In the water, nothing hurts because there's no wt. on the joints. My husband put me in a pool last year and it's wonderful. I live in the country so there is no ywca's around for winter swimming. I can move in the water and it makes me feel really free. Other than this, I just deal with it. hugs, jen

03/14/2009 06:57 PM
trimbell
trimbell  

hello Jen,

Welcome to the lupus group. It is nice to have you. I too, enjoy the water therapy. it is the most comfortable exercise for us that have joint discomfort. I loved it. I don't get to do it very often because of my foster son. He fears water. It is hard ot find anyone to take care of him so that I can go. I do like it and I am glad that it works for you. A hug from me. have a great day on Friday.

03/14/2009 07:26 PM
babies1
babies1  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Thanks so much, you have a peaceful weekend! jen

03/16/2009 04:49 PM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
VIP Member

I too love water therapy. I live in a rural area with no access to a pool, unless I drive 45 min. one way. So, sometimes I do drive and do it. Other times, I just sit in my bath tub. Hot water works though, it really helps. Smile

03/17/2009 04:39 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

When I had my foot surgery I had physical therapy on it at the health club pool it was great but the pool was soooo dirty otherwise I would use it for therapy. I just get into my jacuzzi tub and soak at night and that seems to help.

Eva

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved