MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/08/2012 07:47 AM

Portland Walk for Lupus Now

Brield

Hi everyone!

My family lost our Aunt to Lupus on September 22, 2010. Ever since I can remember I've been trying to raise awareness for this disease. I've been fortunate enough to be a part of the planning committee for the Portland Walk for Lupus Now event put on by the Lupus Foundation of America!! We would love to see all of you there!!

It will be September 15th at Oaks Park in Portland.

Registration is $25 but if you are a member of the LFA, you can register for free!!

You will get a t-shirt as well Smile

As some of you might know, the LFA hasn't had a walk in Portland for a couple years so we're bringing it back!! Spread the word, get your families involved, and meet some others that struggle with this disease!

Here is the link to register:

http://lupuspnw.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp? ievent=1029286

Hope you can make it Smile

Brianna

08/08/2012 11:26 AM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Brianna....Welcome to this fantastic support site. I am very sorry to hear of the passing of your aunt to this terrible disease. So wonderful to hear that they are doing a walk for Lupus in Portland.....I should let my cousin know as he lives in Portland and my niece lives in Vancouver, Washington so will have to let her know. Were having a walk a thon in San Francisco in September....not sure if I will be able to attend that. I wish you all the best.

Eva

08/08/2012 06:01 PM
Brield

Hi Eva!

Thanks for the reply Smile I'm so glad I found this site! It would be awesome if your family came! Best wishes to you Smile

Brianna

08/08/2012 06:03 PM
amandarose
amandarose  

So sorry for your loss, But im sure your aunt wiould be proud of you for doing this and rememebring her as you do I will send a little donations your this eveing. I also am doing the walk here in San Francisco Sept 22. i have makde a team and we are doing great we have rasied $295 already. i hope the best of luck to you and your team!!

here is my link for my walk as well if you can pass it on! thanks

http://walk.lupusresearch.org/site/TR/WalkwithUs/ Walk2010JasperRedesign?px=2089935&pg=personal&fr_id=3020

08/08/2012 08:49 PM
redhairali
redhairali  
Group Leader

Hi and welcome to the grouo. As you can see we have some pretty special members here. I hope you visit s lot.

Alison

08/09/2012 12:44 AM
hawakeita
hawakeita  
I'm an Advocate

Portland Maine? Portland Oregon? Just trying to figure out which friend to tell it about. Smile

08/09/2012 02:19 AM
Brield

Portland, Oregon Smile I didn't really realize this was a national forum until after I already posted, oops! Lol Thanks for telling your friends!!

08/09/2012 04:44 PM
hawakeita
hawakeita  
I'm an Advocate

National, girl, we are international! The website is based out of Israel, and I've met folks from Australia, Africa and beyond. Smile

08/09/2012 05:59 PM
redhairali
redhairali  
Group Leader

I didn't know this site was out of Isreal.

08/09/2012 06:03 PM
Brield

Wow!! That's awesome!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved