MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/15/2012 12:06 PM

Plaquenil and it's side effects....(page 2)

LenaT14
LenaT14  

Hmmm but just think of the chance you would be taking if you did get sick there.....I was so grateful to jump on a plane from CR and bring my sick self back to modern meds and the luxury of my local walgreens! Couldn't imagine being there and sick...lots to be thankful for!

04/15/2012 03:26 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

MK & MSK......I get discouraged as well. I want to go to Africa with my husband when he goes but it's way to hot and sunny for me....I am able to go to the caribbean as I don't participate in water sports at all and I bring hats with me, my friends and husband take good care of me and we all sit down and discuss the shore excursions that I can participate in. In order for me to want to do all this is to get plenty of rest before I go and make sure I have extra supplies of my medications. I am not going to let Lupus take away what I enjoy the most and that is cruising, it has already taken away friends, outdoor activities, outside the home jobs......it's not going to stop me from enjoying the one thing in life I really look forward to.

I am so sorry MK that going to Mali is not an option for you at least right now, who knows maybe some day you will be able to return, we always have to keep positive thoughts in our minds.

Eva

04/16/2012 12:16 AM
ErinMeghan
ErinMeghan  

I am on plaquenil, and I have not gotten sick more often, however I have become the largest germ-a-phobe since my diagnosis with lupus. I am much more sensitive to the sun though. I'm glad you got to go to Costa Rica -- I'm terrified of even being in the sun for my family trip to NC this summer, the effects are so horrible for me! Feel better xx

04/16/2012 12:49 AM
LenaT14
LenaT14  

Thanks! CR was beautiful but coming home so sick wasn't worth it in retrospect, the most important thing is that I was there for sisters wedding and she's happy! That was the only reason I went...honestly. I think the best thing for me would be a long weekend somewhere with the flexibility to come home if needed. I'm on plaquenil, cymbalta, pred, augmentin, zanaflex right now and still don't feel so hot. I have this nagging headache, insomnia, and nothing is helping...argh!

04/16/2012 05:29 PM
hawakeita
hawakeita  
I'm an Advocate

Thanks for all the well-wishes. I really appreciate it. She was most concerned because I am not even diagnosed a year yet, she recommends waiting at least five years to see where I am then. On a happy note, I just got back from the doctor, where I learned that my bloodwork was completely normal. Like there was no writing in that RED section for abnormal findings. I felt like a school girl who worked really hard for that A. OK, so Complement 4 is still acting up, but not all that much. I continue my taper tomorrow. I'll now alternate between 2mg and 1mg of Prednisone, and who knows, maybe I'll finally be free of her hold on me. Smile Yes, yes, you just never know.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved