MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/02/2012 11:29 AM

what keeps me going?...

CBradford
CBradford  

My two beautiful girls that the Lord has blessed me with. My husband who has been my rock since the 1st day we met... And last but not least, all of you on here who share advice and words of encouragement. Thank you <3

Post edited by: CBradford, at: 04/02/2012 11:31 AM

04/03/2012 11:22 AM
LenaT14
LenaT14  

I love love love to hear your thoughts, I'm in a funk and feel bad today so it's good to read something positive!

04/03/2012 08:51 PM
CBradford
CBradford  

Thank you. Smile I hope you're feeling better.

04/05/2012 02:59 AM
faithinlupus
faithinlupus  

Happy to read your positive thoughts Smile Been focusing on the positive myself, though I have been a bit worried and scared... Positive side of things is always a nice reminder that things arent always as bad as they may seem at the moment Smile

04/06/2012 01:59 PM
zizzcat

My children are grown and on their own now but use to be the main reason I got up in the morning and the reason I tried to take care of myself as best as possible. That was many years ago but I was sick even then. My husband use to be very frustrated with this illness because I never knew if I'd be able to see goals and plans through, but since treatment began a couple of years ago, he has become patient, loving and understanding. My female dog has spent many days at a time in bed next to me, with minimal opportunities to go outside, has on occasion had to miss eating and once when I was hospitalized at an out of town hospital - my husband with me- she spent four days in the house alone and did not pee or poop anywhere! Aside from that, my spiritual beliefs see me through and keep me positive to a great extent. This group has also seen me through my diagnosis (undifferentiated, difuse, connective tissue disease) and through many very difficult days.

Hope

04/06/2012 02:25 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

God keeps me going......I have found much strength, comfort and grace through him. My family and wonderful friends and most important my Lupus Family without all of your support through the years I don't know where I would be......God is great as he guided me to this group.......Your all wonderful!!!

Eva

04/06/2012 03:08 PM
hawakeita
hawakeita  
I'm an Advocate

I love reading everyone's responses to this question. I haven't posted because I have absolutely no idea what keeps me going. Maybe just inertia. My life is in motion so I just keep going? Anyway, your positive thoughts are helpful to me.

04/06/2012 04:31 PM
MsK
MsK  

What keeps me going is knowing that there are always good days ahead. I live for them! My husband is learning to accept this illness and he's there when I need him to be. Lupus gets me down but I can't stay there. I love to laugh and spend a lot of time finding people and things that make me laugh. The eternal optimist, I go to bed each night sure that tomorrow will be better.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved