MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/20/2012 09:39 AM

loving life

sweetpie

New member,hav a lot of bruises on arm&legs what type of medications is request?

03/20/2012 10:19 AM
Sharlene

Hi. Like your 'name'. Good attitude. Are you taking Prednisone? I just recently found out, (I think from this site), that that is why I bruise easily. I used to sit at an assembly line and braced by legs up under it. My husband thought someone was beating me. I didn't even feel it while working till after I was off the job for a couple weeks and then came back. Ouch. Even more reason I don't mind wearing long sleeves. I'm down to 2 1/2 mg. but I still bruise occasionally.

03/20/2012 10:57 AM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Sharlene is right, if your taking Prednisone it will cause bruising. I get bruises all the time and I know I've hadn't hit that area....it will also cause thinner skin. You might want to talk to your doctor about this. Wish you the best.

Eva

03/20/2012 01:46 PM
Pandora74
Pandora74  
I'm an Advocate

I think Prednisone is the biggest offender when it comes to bruises especially if you are on high doses. I remember how big they would get and seemed like they took forever to go away and you go through all the crazy shades of bruising. Hope it gets better.

03/20/2012 01:53 PM
redhairali
redhairali  
Group Leader

Hi Stephanie and welcome to the group. I hope your bruises go away soon and that you visit us often.

Alison

03/21/2012 01:21 AM
hawakeita
hawakeita  
I'm an Advocate

I never thought about a medicine for the bruising, I just kind of expect them, and try not to get surprised when they show up even in inopportune places. Hang in there. Blame it on the Prednisone.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved