MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/19/2012 10:38 AM

Hi Everyone! I am new here but not new to lupus

Lupylisa
Lupylisa  

My name is Lisa and I was diagnosed with lupus in 1983. I also have lupus nephritis, sjogrens, fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism and raynaud's. I take Cellcept, Medrol, Plaquenil, Synthroid, Wellbutrin, vitamin D, elavil, Zanaflex, Prilosec, Hormone replacement and was just put on Lisonopril.

Currently I am doing pretty well, but my lupus nephritis is starting to flare up againSad which makes me worry. This will be my second go around with lupus nephritis. The first time started back in 1998 and I was diagnosed with Stage IV (nearly stage V) kidney disease. I was put on Cellcept and did the cytoxan protocol. Luckily it worked and I have had near normal kidney function for the past 11 years. I have been on permanent disability since 2000.

Despite having so many things wrong with me, I am a fighter and have a very positive attitude toward it all. I look forward to getting involved with this group and getting to know you all!

Lupylisa

03/19/2012 11:00 AM
rkymtroxie

Keep fighting against the odds Lisa. I'm with you all the way!!!!!!!!!!!

03/19/2012 02:37 PM
redhairali
redhairali  
Group Leader

Hi Lisa and welcome to the group. it sounds like you have been through a lot but have a great attitude. The people here are wonderful and it helps to talk with others that can understand what you are going through. Visit often.

Alison

03/19/2012 03:48 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi Lisa....welcome to this fantastic support site where you will meet wome wonderful and caring members. I love your attitude.....I have made peace with this illness and since I have it has helped me cope with anything that comes my way. I'm sure you will love it here, this is my second family. Anytime you need to vent or just want to share or ask questions please feel free to post often. I wish you all the best.

Eva

03/19/2012 04:28 PM
MsK
MsK  

Hello Lisa,

I am glad to see you here. You are sure to find the nicest, most supportive, straight talking people anywhere. I love them! I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing this fight but your attitude will pull you through just like before. I am learning to get adjusted to this disease. Much to my dismay, it's my attitude that causes me the most problem. Keep posting here and let everyone know how you are doing. We all care.

Sonja

03/20/2012 10:31 AM
Sharlene

Hi Lisa. Welcome to the Lupies. Glad to hear you have a good attitude. We have our challenges, so you really need to have that. I've always believed laughter is the best medicine and it has helped me.

03/20/2012 01:59 PM
Pandora74
Pandora74  
I'm an Advocate

Hi Lisa, I think its important to have a place to vent all the feelings that come with Lupus. Friends and family can be great but unless they have these diseases its hard for them to understand the magnitude of how we suffer. I am glad you found our group you will love it here.

April

03/21/2012 01:13 AM
hawakeita
hawakeita  
I'm an Advocate

Love your positive attitude! Welcome to our group. Please keep us posted on the Lupus Nephritis and anything else you'd like to share. We are here for you as people who understand.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved