MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/25/2011 11:39 PM

Hi :)

faithinlupus
faithinlupus  

Hope you all are having a great day! I'm just getting over a sinus infection/cold! My Parents applied for me to get Disability over the summer but I was denied and My friends and family have been voicing their concern about me all week.

Thinking about seeing a Therapist because this last week something hit me hard. I have been in and out of denying that I have Lupus and my doctors dont think it change my life when it has. my Mom and I had a long conversation about applying for Disability for me- she told me she is worried about me because I get stressed out so easily and I dont even know until I'm ready to break down. Thats one reason i'm thinking it might be a good idea for me to see a therapist, the other one being that I do soemtimes get depressed mostly its when I get a cold or a virus or something because then my Lupus tends to flare a bit and I'm really not feeling well and cant explain it to anyone.

SO My week has been interesting, But I'm content with keeping the positive attitude that 2011 was a good year despite all the challenges AND 2012 will be just as great if not better! Smile

12/26/2011 03:17 AM
hawakeita
hawakeita  
I'm an Advocate

I think you're on to something. I know that for me, one of the first things I did when I found out I had Lupus was to get me a therapist. I know myself, and my crazy mood swings anyway, and now being thrown this unpredictability of life they call Lupus, while attempting to parent a toddler, etc, I knew that in order to keep some kind of balance, I needed someone, not emotionally attached, who is simply there for me.

I go once a week, even if it's a good week, just to check in and to let him know how I'm doing. And actually it's one of my only times during the week that I have to just sit and contemplate my life, without interruption or judgment.

Anyway, it can't hurt and I hope you find some relief from the emotional roller coaster that comes from having chronic painful condition like Lupus.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved