MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/20/2011 10:31 AM

Medication side effects

Manew

I have weber christians disease ( which no one has ever heard of) but the closest thing that others have heard of is lupus. I have artificially induced cushings syndrome from long term high dose prednisone, and im also on cellcept. I got an infection from tapwater from being immunosuppressed had a fractured ankle broken foot with very little trauma bruises that wont go away...does anyone know long it takes for the side effects to go away (which if they ever do) now that my prednisone dose is only five mg now. I also developed cataracts in both eyes from the high doses of prednisone the last four years.

11/20/2011 06:15 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi Manew welcome to this wonderful site. Your right I have never heard of "weber christians disease" but I have heard of cushings disease. I have taken almost every drug out their for lupus and am taking Rituxan infusions and Imuran and also on 3mgs of prednisone. I know it's different for everyone regarding side effects from drugs, sometimes they will calm down within a month of taking them and sometimes they never go away....really hard to tell. Maybe one of the other members will chime in soon and have other suggestions for you. I wish you all the best.

Eva

11/20/2011 09:09 PM
redhairali
redhairali  
Group Leader

Hi and welcome, sorry you are having such a hard time right now. I too, have never heard of your disease. Hopefully someone here on prednisone will share their story. You are more then welcome here, the people are great and it helps so much to talk with others. (Even if the diseases aren't exactly the same.)

Alison

Post edited by: redhairali, at: 11/20/2011 09:10 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved