MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/27/2011 07:09 PM

SS Disability Dr Appt

Lynnette1212
Lynnette1212  

I had my dr appt today, that was assigned by the Social Security Department. It seemed to go well. They just took my history, current medications, current symptoms, and diagnosis.The MA asked all of these questions and then a Dr came in. He said he was a Physical Medicine and Rehab dr. He poked me, fibro points, and touched, rubbed, wiggled every painful joint on my body. I almost smacked him when he got to my wrists and hands, and fingers. He did a lot of range of motion. I couldn't do a lot of arms stuff. He asked me to jump and I told him I can't. He said, ok, you are allowed to decline...whatever that means. I didn't take a pain pill prior to my appt so I would actually feel the pain. Time I walked to the car, I was pissy and grumpy and I had to take a pain pill and sit in the car and regroup for a minute. It emotionally wore me out too. I'm glad that part is over. I have my psych portion soon. I'm not dreading that one as much. I'm a major psych issue, so I'll fail it, no problem. LOL. I have to summarize the appt for my attorney and fax it in. They wanted details, so I'll do my best. I should have secretly recorded it. HA.

Lynnette

09/27/2011 09:55 PM
afmom

I'm so glad I didn't have to go see their doctors yet. I got denied my first go round now I'm doing my first appeal. But I didn't have to see their dr's. I can't believe when they said to jump and you said you couldn't he said you could decline if you wanted. I would have said I didn't decline I said I couldn't. Dumbass. I'm so sorry for you having to go through all that. Hope your psych one goes good.

09/28/2011 01:02 PM
Lupie
Lupie  

Hi Lynette -

Wishing you the best with this. If you don't mind me asking, how long has it taken to get to this point?

09/28/2011 02:01 PM
Pandora74
Pandora74  
I'm an Advocate

I am sure this was a total nightmare for you. I think you should put the thing in there about declining to jump in your letter to your attorney. That could be important someday. You understand you are a nurse. You all scare me with these crazy SS stories. I mean it doesn't seem fair what they put people through. I think its intimidation. So whats next......SS bootcamp?

April

09/29/2011 02:23 AM
wozment
wozment  

Oh wow! I have my physical exam part this Saturday and I am so nervous. I remember my last time I went through this...I felt like they didnt believe me. Plus there was a two way mirror in the room and this made me uncomfortable cuz I just knew people were on the other side of the mirror taking notes. Lol

~Wendy

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved