MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/26/2011 08:29 PM

Neurology Update

hawakeita
hawakeita  
I'm an Advocate

Hello. Just chiming in to let you know that the Brain MRI was completely normal. I am continuing my taper off Prednisone - will go down to 2mg tomorrow for the next three weeks.

I will also report that I have not experienced any cognitive or vision issues since Mid-August, which I am really quite proud of.

If I continue this trend, then he will be trying me on an anti-malarial called Mefloquine, that actually works against malaria in the country that I travel to every year, the land of my husband, Mali. If that one works on the Lupus as well, then maybe, just maybe, I can travel to Mali this year... I was so sure it would be neither wise nor possible to travel now, but maybe, just maybe...one can hope, right?

09/27/2011 04:35 AM
Looopie

Congratulations Mary Kay in overcoming your flaring. The medications must have kicked in. I hope you will keep on improving. Huggss Marie Smile

09/27/2011 09:17 AM
Pandora74
Pandora74  
I'm an Advocate

MK, that is awesome. I will keep you in my prayers and hope you can travel soon. It would make you feel like your old self again. I think it is awesome that you haven't had flares and will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. Congrats on this. April

09/27/2011 10:50 AM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

MK....so happy to hear that your brain MRI was good....hopefully now you will be able to travel to a place that is near and dear to you....will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Eva

09/27/2011 06:31 PM
hawakeita
hawakeita  
I'm an Advocate

Hello. Thanks for the kind words. So, on Day One of 2mg, I need to report that I am limping a little bit: right knee, right hip and back. I'm hoping it's because I had to stand for three hours straight giving a presentation today, and not because I need the Prednisone. We'll know more tomorrow. Still hopeful, somehow...

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved