MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/24/2011 07:28 AM

Qiestion -confused

lunaw9

Hello everyone

I'm so confused, I have my internist who tells me that my SLE is an incomplete form of Lupus. I do have the sun alergies and skin red burning patches going on since I was diagnosed. My skin is thinning and discolored and the burses are so bad. Has anyone ever heard of an incomplete form of Lupus. I'm symtomatic with the pain in my muscles and joints so I really would like to know if someone ever been told this.

09/24/2011 09:39 AM
82nd
82nd  

I have not heard of that myself. I don't know what the word incomplete implies. I'm sure someone here has an answer for you though.

Ray

09/24/2011 12:11 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I am like Ray have never heard of this....I have heard that sometimes the Lupus is mild but not incomplete....I hope someone on here has an answer for you.

Eva

09/24/2011 04:45 PM
redhairali
redhairali  
Group Leader

I also had never heard of it, so I went to Google and here is a page from the Lupus Foundation: http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/webarticlesnet/templates/ new_empty.aspx?articleid=467&zoneid=76 I think to sum it u[, you probably have lupus but don't have all the qualification to rule it specifically SLE, or it is mixed in with another AI disease.

Alison

Post edited by: redhairali, at: 09/24/2011 04:48 PM

09/24/2011 06:57 PM
Lynnette1212
Lynnette1212  

I think that the dr. is implying that you don't meet enough of the criteria yet. It can take some time for Lupus to show enough of the symptoms before you are diagnosed. Make sure you are documenting symptoms, taking pictures of your symptoms, and report any flare-like symptoms to your dr. Eventually it will come out. It took me 4 years to get my diagnosis.

09/25/2011 03:40 AM
unripping
unripping  

Last year Lady Gaga publicly announced that she was "boarderline lupus" and that was also difficult to understand. Did she have some symptoms, mild symptoms, positive tests but no symptoms at this time. I've never heard of incomplete lupus but "borderline lupus" was in the news quite a bit and it might have similar meanings.

09/25/2011 01:22 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Now this makes sense to me!!

Eva

09/25/2011 07:45 PM
lunaw9

I want to thank all of you for giving me this information. My skin problems are the one thing that is really going strong. I do have a dermatologist that is treating the discoloration and red burning blotches.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved