MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/06/2011 07:35 AM

Coughing & Lupus(page 2)

afmom

So if the prednisone and albuterol with keep you alive the longest why the heck do you squirrel away from them??? That doesn't make sense to me my dear....

Susan

09/06/2011 11:06 AM
82nd
82nd  

In case I can't get it - for what ever reason. squirrel away doesn't mean I don't use it - it means I get as much as I can and sit on what I can - in case there somes a time I'm unable to get it - out of work, economic collapse, and so on. Smile

Susan, Susan Susan - you really must think ahead. LOL!

Post edited by: 82nd, at: 09/06/2011 11:07 AM

09/06/2011 12:14 PM
afmom

Now Ray you know my brain doesn't always work that way....can you say duh!!!!....My brain feels just a bit mushy today...I even forgot it was Tuesday and missed my Rheumy appt...Really not such a great day...LOL

09/06/2011 09:52 PM
zizzcat

I have had a dry cough for years and the only thing that works for me is drinking lots of liquids. I always carry something to drink with me. If I don't, I brake up into very embarassing coughing fits. When I am in groups of people in enclosed environments, the stuffiness can really get to me. I have asthma, and will use my inhaler but even that is not enough. As silly as it sounds, a friend of mine gave me a Halls Menthol Liptus during one of my coughing fits, and it worked1 I usually carry some with me. I may never know exactly what causes this but the things I mentioned help me.

Hope

09/07/2011 05:25 AM
hawakeita
hawakeita  
I'm an Advocate

So, I've been following this thread, and interestingly enough, yesterday I had this annoying dry cough, for the first time. We'll see what today brings.

05/10/2013 08:45 PM
LilPsMama

I've had a ton of different symptoms, ranging from a chronic productive cough, (a little more at night,) to fevers (low grade to 102) + low temps, problems with joints, numbness, swelling, and pain, heart problems, tiredness, dizziness, memory loss, etc. for about over a year now.

I was just diagnosed yesterday, finally, with lyme disease (after pushing through many doctors who wrote it off as something like asthma or viral infections). I had really no idea this was what I possibly had. I had no typical symptoms (rash, neck pain) you'd think of when you hear "lyme disease."

If you have symptoms like this you should deff.'ly get tested. I hope this helps!! Smile

05/13/2013 12:26 AM
hawakeita
hawakeita  
I'm an Advocate

How interesting that this post comes up again. I had chronic bronchitis and coughing from November 2012 to February 2013. I see that I posted in September 2011 - I remember that year also. the cough must have started in September and I ended up with Pneumonia by Jan 2012. I also got the laryngitis that Eva spoke about. Once they upped my Prednisone to clear out the lungs, the voice just went away. A trip to an ENT showed that my vocal chords don't close properly and I was immediately referred to a speech therapist. the voice came back oddly enough right after my appointment with the ENT, but it is something that I am definitely watching closely.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved