MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/31/2011 05:33 PM

I got my Duke Referral - 7 months from now.

ncgirl
ncgirl  

I finally got the Referral to Duke Rheumatology but I, like so many others that go to University Hospitals, have to wait until April 2012 ~ 7 months Shocked I had prepared for up to 12 and hoped for 3-4 months so I guess it is right about in the middle Wink

I will still see my Rheumy in my city for regular appointments until I go to the Duke Clinic. I was told to call ahead to get on the cancellation list so I may get in slightly earlier. I think Rheumatology must be one of the hottest skill sets ever! We need more med students that want to go down this path.

xo ~ Juls

p.s. hope everyone is well with everyone.

09/01/2011 10:43 AM
ncgirl
ncgirl  

oops, it just got moved up to October 7th!! My Prayers paid off. They want me to go through their Lupus clinic and see a myriad of Dr.'s. I am looking forward to getting answers and finally finding out if the Lung surgery I had in 2008 was really Lupus involvement. Smile

09/01/2011 11:01 AM
Pandora74
Pandora74  
I'm an Advocate

Thats great news. I hope you have a great visit and the 7th will be here before you know it. Good luck.

April

09/01/2011 02:08 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Julie....what great news....and now that it was bumped up that is even better news. I am fortunate that my doctor that I see is a teaching doctor at the University of San Francisco but she has her own practice in a town called San Rafael about 20 minutes north of SF so I don't have to go all the way into the City. It is a rat race. I will keep you in my prayers that this appointment won't be a disappointemnt for you.

Eva

09/01/2011 03:10 PM
Bunnyhugger75
Bunnyhugger75  

What wonderful news!! I'm so glad you appointment got moved up Smile I hope they are able to shed some new light on your disease. Please let us know how it goes.

Amy

09/01/2011 04:30 PM
afmom

Congrats!! What great news for you!! I hope you get some much needed help. I must agree we do need more students to go down this path but we would all hope that they would be interested in learning and care about those of us with Lupus.

Again I'm very happy that you got your appt. moved up.

Susan

09/03/2011 10:33 PM
hawakeita
hawakeita  
I'm an Advocate

Great news! Please keep us posted.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved