MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/19/2011 04:57 PM

Nodules

rosie57
rosie57  

I am getting more & more (of what I was told by rheumy are nodules ) nodules EVERYWHERE!! Now my neck, collarbone, forehead , scalp & wrists , even the bottom of my feet. They get so red & hot & painful...what causes them..is it just a flare or something new & exciting???!!! Any suggestions for relief...Also does anyone take tramadol ? Just started this new rx & was wondering about its effectiveness.

Thanks my family

08/20/2011 09:51 AM
Bunnyhugger75
Bunnyhugger75  

Wow, I have never heard of getting nodules like you are. It sounds very painful!!! What is the rheumy doing for them? Did he give you anything other than tramadol? I have taken it and it didn't work for my pain. I sure hope it does for you and you get feeling better soon!! Please keep us posted Smile

Amy

08/20/2011 06:29 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

So are these nodules from RA? I know my mother-in-law had them on her fingers from RA....she said they were really painful. I don't have any suggestions but want to know that I am here to support you. I wish you well and hope that you find something to take care of the pain with them.

Eva

08/21/2011 04:16 PM
Pandora74
Pandora74  
I'm an Advocate

Rosie the nodules do sound more like an RA problem. I have had a high Rheumatic Factor but because I didn't have these nodules and my joint pain doesn't fit the mold of RA I have never been diagnosed. I know we have talked about your pain management in PMs and I have told you that I don't think the Tramadol is going to be that great for you. I hope you can get better pain control soon. April

08/22/2011 01:03 AM
unripping
unripping  

The nodules do sound like an RA problem. There's a lot that you can do with your diet if you know what makes you flare up. I seem like an obsessive eater but it's because certain foods have caused problems for me.

Sorry to get on the "tramadol doesn't do a lot " bandwagon but it's the only thing I take and I rarely take it because it barely makes a dent in my pain level. If I can't sleep because of pain, I'll take it and it usually relieves it enough to let me fall asleep. Not many things work for me and the ones that do, I can't function on i.e drive a car, talk without slurring my speech, uncross my eyes ect. My rheumy suggested acupuncture. I wish I had been on the wait list because I hear good things about it.

08/22/2011 04:49 PM
rosie57
rosie57  

You know I have to say It does nothing for my pain..but it does put me to sleep ...thank goodness at least I dont feel any pain asleep. But I have already put in a call to rheumy abt. the tramadol.

Rosie

08/22/2011 07:28 PM
Pandora74
Pandora74  
I'm an Advocate

Rosie, let us know what the rheumy says about the pain med. Hopefully he can give you something better. Good luck!

April

08/23/2011 07:22 AM
ncgirl
ncgirl  

Hi Rosie. I have not had the nodules and I do hope you get some answers and relief soon! Count me as one of those that had no relief with Tramadol. (((HUGS)))

08/23/2011 04:24 PM
unripping
unripping  

I wish that there was something better that I could take but taking stronger pain killers make me more of an invalid and I don't want to be out of it. I rely on compression garments and compressive tape to give me relief. There are compression gloves that I would like to get but they're about 40 dollars each. Yikes!

08/24/2011 02:54 PM
rosie57
rosie57  

Oh Thank you for the tip...I have not heard of these before...does my rheumy have to give them to me..Isnt it funny hearing someone get excited abt. compression gloves..oh well this is our world & we are family...if yo can give me any other info where to purchase or how to obtain I'm ready...Thank you sooo muchSmile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved