MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/01/2011 05:21 PM

Well interesting Tuesday(page 2)

afmom

Well I started this once before so if this duplicates I'm sorry. First let me say thanks for all the support and responses. I've been trying to get this all straight in my head and just roll with all of it. I'm trying not wallow in things and I'm trying to remember that alot of you have been through it and alot of you are alot worse than I am. Right now it just seems like it's one thing after another. So I went to the Cardio doc yesterday. Gave me the results of the sonogram of my neck. Seems there is some plaque build up in my arties but not real bad yet. However he wants to do a heart cathater on the 17th. Plus he put me on Plavix. One more damn pill. So like I said I'm trying to just roll with all this but it's got me going into a depression and that has me concerned due to my Bipolar and I need to be careful with that. I made an appt with my pych dr. for tomorrow morning just to be safe and to try to get some help getting this all sorted out. I'm glad that all my dr's are working so hard to help me to get answers and help me feel better but it seems like every time I go to the dr it's one more thing they find. Not to sound like a big baby but it scares me sometimes. My anxiety keeps getting worse even to the point I hate going to the stupid store or even to pick up my meds. I know I sound like a baby. Right now I just can't help it.

06/01/2011 05:56 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

afmom....it is okay to feel this way you are entitled. I have been going through this for 18 years so I have been where you are and now I have made peace with the illness all the medications and doctors....I just roll with the punches. I think sometimes that is the best way to get through things....not everyone can.....just know that you can vent here all you want that is what this is for....and we will keep supporting you.

Eva

06/01/2011 06:45 PM
KJC1385
KJC1385  

Sorry to hear about everything afmom. Good luck with all of your tests and procedures....I wish you a speedy recovery!

I understand what you mean about all the doctors. I just gets to be too much! I should be looking for a new gyno, and neurologist for my endometriosis that is acting up and migraines but I keep putting it off because I just don't want to deal with any more doctors, appointments, or tests!! Its already like a second job as it is...I guess it comes with the territory but its just something you never get used to, or at least I haven't. Hang in there!!

06/01/2011 07:53 PM
afmom

Well I think my biggest problem with all of it right now is all of the testing and the actual dx just started and happened in Feb of this year so I'm still getting used to it. I finally had the Bipolar under control and was doing so well with it and felt that was under control and had worked hard to get that way. So mentally I was doing good. I still felt crappy physcilly but at least the mental stuff was under control and I didn't have to worry about being like my mother. This was a huge blow and has changed my way of life alot so I just need kick my butt into gear and learn to roll with the punches. I'll get there but the last 2 days have just been really tough. But tomorrow will be a better day. Smile

06/02/2011 10:02 AM
Pandora74
Pandora74  
I'm an Advocate

I think that is a good view on how it needs to be. We all have slips sometimes. I have a psychiatrist and I see him for PTSD and I had an appt today and one of the things he reminded me of is that Lupus is a tough disease and we need to keep ourselves emotionally strong and that plays a big part in our Lupus activity. So it is a process and I think it sounds like you are really self aware with your body and because of that you will achieve it. I always feel this way with myself and I think half the battle is recognizing when your are feeling a little off balanced. So you can do this just keep your positive thoughts.

April

06/02/2011 06:24 PM
zizzcat

Hi afmom: I hope your appt. with your psyche doctor went well. I have some days that are more stressfull and tireing than others and I believe it really affects my nervous system and my disposition. I am doing my best to find a balance and am benefiting from braking things down to goals that are doable. Even though it's very early in treatment with the immune supressant [Imuran] I believe that I am already starting to benefit and I am greatfull that I now have larger windows of time to try to get a little more done at an easier pace.

Hang in there!

Hope

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved