MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/24/2011 11:08 PM

chronic fatigue

golden33
golden33  

Question: just want to know if anyone is suffering from chronic fatigue? If so, what are the symptoms? I'm not sure if I have it but I'm always tired especially in the summer time, the heat really gets to me. I can't do the things that I want to do all the time. I like working out but sometimes I don't have the energy to go to the gym in its not the far from me but the thought of working out tires me out. I know I have chronic insomnia maybe that's why I'm tired during the day but I'm not sure what's going on. Every time I turn around I have sometime else going on with me. I'm unemployed due to a laid off so I don't have any insurance so I can't see my doctor, I even had to stop taking my pills since I can't afford my meds. I heard someone on TV that they have Lupus and chronic fatigue so I want to make sure I don't have it.

05/25/2011 02:09 AM
Looopie

I think you have to plan out your day, and remember to include rest time in your timetable so you are not worn out by fatigue.

05/25/2011 04:39 AM
Pandora74
Pandora74  
I'm an Advocate

I do suffer from Chronic Fatigue and I find that my days go in cycles and by around 6pm I am done for the day. If I haven't gotten it done by then it won't be done. I have in the past also had chronic insomnia and recently I have been sleeping more than normal. It is like my whole sleep cycle has changed but now I could sleep all day and night. So you really have to plan your days and make time to rest. I did start taking Ritalin last month for the Chronic Fatigue and to help with some of the cognitive problems I have been having. I am still a little drowsy during the day but my dose increases in two more weeks so hopefully that will solve it. I don't really know what other treatments are available for the Chronic Fatigue.

April

05/25/2011 02:08 PM
golden33
golden33  

Ritalin it that for ADHD???

05/25/2011 02:37 PM
afmom

Ritalin IS for ADD and ADHD and I'm wondering why you were put on that for chronic fatigue? It is used to calm down people down. That is very strange in my opinion.

05/25/2011 02:59 PM
Luvmysoldier

For people who do not have ADD or ADHD it stimulates you. Like an upper. I've had parents of students tell me that they have taken their kids meds because it's like speed to the. It doesn't actually calm them down, it helps them focus therefore they are calm. People with ADD and ADHD can not tune out things around them and the over stimulation of it all makes them move or be loud. Just like when people around us are loud we think we have to speak over them, to their brain every noise or movement bothers them, and they don't even realize it is happening.

Hope that helps

Kim

05/25/2011 04:12 PM
Bunnyhugger75
Bunnyhugger75  

Does your doctor possibly have samples to give you so you can stay on your meds? I would hate to see you flare from being off your meds! I have never been diagnosed with chronic fatigue. I am always tired, but I'm dealing with some overlapping diseases. Hope you get some more info here and get some rest!!

Amy

05/28/2011 10:40 AM
golden33
golden33  

THats a good i deal, i forgot to ask about samples they might not have them but it never hurt to try....thanks bunnyhugger.

For as the Ritalin as Pondra stated i don't think my doctor would put me on that, I wish he come because I need something to calm me down I'm away worrying and stressing.

05/28/2011 01:59 PM
afmom

When I went to my primary last week I asked my nurse how she was and she said she was tired. And I said "long day" and she said she has chronic fatigue. I didn't ask what she was taking. But she is seeing a rheumy for it she said so I guess that's who to see for it. I may have missed something in this discussion but do you have a rheumy?

05/28/2011 03:04 PM
zizzcat

Chronic fatigue can also be a symptom of depression. Depression can cause insomnia. I have bipolar and when I am depressed I am definitely more tired than usual.

I have had periods of time when I have had chronic fatigue for months and also years. My symptoms have changed and now I never know when the cut off point for the day is going to be but I seem to get only so far and then, I've had it.

At other times I just get this feeling of overwhelming exhaustion from out of nowhere.

There are so many things that can cause fatigue. Is there a clinic in your area?

I agree with the idea of planning each day to include periods of rest and relaxation and trying to brake down larger goals into smaller parts.

I hope you feel better soon.

Hope

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved