MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/05/2008 03:45 PM

sores in my scalp?

65mustang

I am very new here and not very computer literate. I have Lupus and need other people that have the same problem as me. Recently I've been getting lots of sores on my scalp and my hair is falling out. Does anyone else have this problem?

01/05/2008 08:25 PM
redhairali
redhairali  
Group Leader

I do....that was the problem that first sent me to a doctor. I am still losing hair. Some of the drugs that help us also can make us lose hair. It seems like every one of us have so many different problems. (And we wonder why it is so hard to diagnose us.) Sometimes I used to have cortisone cream to help my scalp. Now, I don't use anything for the hair loss except Plaquenil. Which I recently had to stop because of ringing in my ears. I need to restart it slowly and see if the ringing is gone. I guess all I can say is, I hope you find a combination that works for you. Just realize you are not alone.

Ali

Post edited by: redhairali, at: 01/05/2008 22:26

01/06/2008 05:57 PM
65mustang

Thanks Radhairali!

I also am taking Plaquinel. I've been on it for almost a year now. I go back to the doc the first of Feb. Maybe he'll give me something. The Plaquenil has really helped me with the rashes and swollen joints I suffered. I hope I don't have to stop that drug. Thanks for answering! I an very new to this site and not very good at computers. I think it's going to be good talking with others that have the same problems as me.

01/06/2008 10:08 PM
oneloopykat
oneloopykat  

Glad you found us! I have had sores on my scalp for years(long before I was diagnosed...which is why I think I was sick for alot longer than just the past 5 years). They seem to be worse in the summer when I am out in the sun (I am very photosensitive) or even if I am inside and get hot. As far as the hairloss...we buy a new vacuum cleaner about every 4 or 5 months...I have long hair (mid back) and the hair I loose during the day just winds and winds around the roller. During flares I can wake up to a pillow full of hair and have to clean the drain of the shower 2 or 3 times during a shower just to keep the water draining. All I can say is I'm glad I got my dad's hair and not my moms...I would be bald by now lol. Glad to see you here 65mustang! Feel free to message me or email me Smile

Have a beautiful day,

Kaitlan

01/07/2008 10:17 AM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi 65mustang,

The girl that cuts my hair told me I had quite a few bald spots and I was losing hair. I cut my hair quite short and am still losing hair especially when I'm in a flare. I'm not on plaquinil as I became very allergic to it so am on Cell-Cept and Imuran and prednisone (quite a punch). I to am very photosensitive I cannot even be in light emmitting through the window as I get rashes very easily. By-the-way my son has a white 2001 GT mustang with a dark blue stripe. Take Care

Eva

01/07/2008 06:22 PM
65mustang

Thanks for your reply! I know what your talking about with the vacuum cleaner. I have been loosing my hair for sometime now, but the sores are pretty new. They itch mostly and then get really sore. I'm not sure how to do the message things or how to send you a e-mail. Would like to keep in touch, thanks

65mustang

02/06/2008 07:12 AM
ladycarter

Hey, just joined the Group, I have had Severe Discoid Lupus, for over 10yrs, and have lost much of my hair permanantly, I was on plaquenil in the beginning did not do much for me, Prednisone, has done the most good for me, and have been on cellcept for about 2yrs since I went systemic. Hopefully your sores and hair loss are temporary, it is possible if you have Subacute Cutaneous Lupus, but if it is Discoid, it may be permanant avoid any sun or uv exposure, as this makes flaring much worse! God Bless! Tish

Post edited by: ladycarter, at: 02/06/2008 09:13

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved