MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/25/2011 08:32 PM

ILD(Interstitial Lung Disease) and Lupus.

belenchavez

My Mother is 54 just got ILD(Interstitial Lung Disease) and Lupus.

Is it bad????

04/25/2011 10:03 PM
redhairali
redhairali  
Group Leader

I am sorry to hear about you Mom. I really don't know what IDL is. But, as far as the lupus goes it can affect almost anything. We all of different problems and take different meds. Just let your Mom know that you are there for her and willing to help when she needs it. Is the lupus diagnosis new? Ask any question and someone will try to help, the people here are great.

Alison

04/25/2011 11:03 PM
Bunnyhugger75
Bunnyhugger75  

I'm have never had IDL, so I don't know anything about it. I'm so sorry to hear that your mom has Lupus and IDL. Lupus can present itself in many different ways from joint pain to fevers. It takes time to figure out the correct cocktail of drugs to feel better. Please post anytime and keep us updated on how your mom is.

Take Care,

Amy

04/26/2011 06:24 AM
Pandora74
Pandora74  
I'm an Advocate

I am really sorry to hear about your mom. I don't have any personal experience with ILD but since she was also diagnosed with Lupus at the same time hopefully by starting the meds the ILD will be controlled as well. I think anytime you have heart or lung involvement in Lupus you at a much higher risk for complications. So it is a good thing that it has been identified and hopefully she will be feeling better soon. I think the fact that you are joining us to be more informed is such an awesome thing to do for your mom. This disease has so many ups and downs and having the support of our family is really critical to our well being. I think she is lucky to have you. I know this is a really scary thing to go through but hang in there and try to stay positive. I hope she is feeling better soon.

April

04/26/2011 11:34 AM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi and welcome to this great support site. I am truly sorry to hear that your mom has both of these diseases....not sure what ILD is but with the proper treatments I hope she will be feeling much better soon. If you have any other questions please feel free to post often....I hope that someone on this site that knows what ILD is will chime in soon.

Eva

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved