MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/15/2011 06:24 AM

A Message to the Group

82nd
82nd  

I have learned many things about myself from this group this week. I have learned that isolation and depression is not unique. In just a few days all of you have shown me by your example that I have lived in denial for the last four years. I've been living by controlling my environment and the people I work with so as to not have to be confronted with this problem or even talk about it. I have pretended that I can do the same things I did ten years ago, and even five years ago. One Monday I had no place to turn, so I signed up here. On Friday, today, you have all taught me this week that it is what it is, I don't need to fear it, I still have something to offer others, and I am not alone. I hope everyone understands the impact you have had on me and how grateful I am that you have taken time for me, amongst your own important issues. I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart!

04/15/2011 08:44 AM
afmom

Thank you for that. But remember you always have something to share or to help or to offer someone. You are important! Don't ever forget that.

04/15/2011 12:25 PM
redhairali
redhairali  
Group Leader

Isn't it wonderful to be a part of this group? The people here are so caring and are willing to share so much of their selves. Everyone is a integral part of why this group works so well. Whether you are feeling good or feeling poorly you all have something to give the group. Big hugs all around.

Alison

04/15/2011 05:20 PM
Pandora74
Pandora74  
I'm an Advocate

It is an amazing place. In my own case I came here at a time when I was just beside myself with grief and I felt so alone. I found the same thing in everyone here. I followed along at first and eventually started to post whenever I thought I could add something. I think it is important to have people in your life who can understand exactly what you have to go through. Their are challenges that are unique to Lupus patients and also those that are unique to anyone with chronic illness and it helps to have others who get it. You are not alone and hope you will never again feel that way.

April

04/15/2011 09:57 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

This group has been a big blessing to me.....it came at a time in my life where I thought I wasn't going to live and when I signed up for this group I found so many wonderful and caring people who truly understood me.......82nd.....were all on this journey together and we all make a difference in each others lives.....This is an amazing group of people.

Eva

04/16/2011 01:14 PM
Bunnyhugger75
Bunnyhugger75  

Very well said! This group has had a significant impact on my life too. I have made lifelong friends here. You all have been here for me every time I needed you! Even though I may be absent for a while, everyone invites you back with open arms. It makes all the difference in the world to share with people that go through the same rough times!

Amy

04/29/2011 09:11 AM
J3man
J3man  

82nd...We all know the feeling. I think it is great that you found this group under the same duress and feeling of hopelessness as myself and many others here. I also was at my wits end and turned to the internet for help and support. This site was truly my last-resort and it quite literally saved my life and helped me turn things around for the better. I welcome you, "Big Bro'" I also would like to thank all here that have been helpful, supportive, and understanding. It was a rough start coming into this group for me and I am glad that the members here were patient with me and gave me a chance. It was difficult at times but I am soooo grateful for the encouragement that I have received to stay in the Group. Little Brother Lupus, Bryan

04/29/2011 03:23 PM
zizzcat

This group is a blessing for me as well. I'm not able to participate as much as I would like but I try to keep up here and there. I'm also very greatfull to the leaders of the group for making everyone feel so welcome when they first start. I know that I felt very welcome and so it was easier to open up and share what was going on with me.

Hope

04/29/2011 07:30 PM
Hakuro
Hakuro  

And the magic of this group is that distance and time are no barriers!

Post edited by: Hakuro, at: 04/29/2011 07:31 PM

05/01/2011 06:06 PM
anonymus123
anonymus123  

You are not alone.............

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved