MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/02/2011 06:39 PM

Waiting on test results(page 4)

zizzcat

Hi Laura:

Re-testing every 3 months sounds like a good idea. However, if you begin to feel sick or having pain I would reccomend a referral to a rheumatologist to keep things in check. I am ANA negative and it has taken 11 years to diagnose me with lupus. I am finally getting some treatment and beginning to feel better.

All the best.

Hope

06/02/2011 06:53 PM
afmom

I have a couple of places on my arm that are round and about the size of a nickel they don't itch but the sun makes them really red. Is this something like what your talking about?

06/02/2011 11:49 PM
hawakeita
hawakeita  
I'm an Advocate

Having worked with AIDS patients, I can speak a little bit about brain lesions. I have seen things like toxoplasmosis, seizure disorders and strokes cause brain lesions. Periodic MRIs and close work with neurology can help keep a tab on them. It's important that they aren't growing or changing over time.

06/03/2011 05:22 AM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

afmom....are these spots scaly looking in the middle of these round areas? I know that when I get these spots they are the discoid lupus and they usually don't itch....maybe someone else has other suggestions.

Eva

06/03/2011 10:09 AM
afmom

Well they never itch and they just show up all the sudden. They are scalley in the middle and I welcome any more info on them. In the mean time I'll also be doing some research. Thanks for your input. Smile

06/03/2011 06:10 PM
laurawest
laurawest  

I'm not sure about brain lesions. Honestly, didn't know that could happen. Oh boy... My lesion on my eyelid looked like all the rest (red almost perfect circle with flacky middle) except it was almost dime sized thank goodness! Some of my others have been large. I put the cream on it immediately and it only lasted a few days. It became flaky quickly. I've wondering about the sun having an affect. The doctor didn't mention that, but it had crossed my mind. I love the beach and I'm going in July anyway! Smile Sunscreen.....here I come! :o)

06/04/2011 07:22 AM
Pandora74
Pandora74  
I'm an Advocate

laura, my discoid lesions (the few that I have had) didn't itch either and after they healed I had circular areas that were darker than the pigment of the skin around it. At the time I thought it was scaring but it did eventually fade and didn't leave a scar. Mine were also red with the flaky center. I think Ali posted last year about a clothing line that contained SPF. It might be something you could check on before you head to the beach. I hope you enjoy yourself.

Hawakeita, I have the Lupus brain lesions and you are so right in the complexity and different things that can cause these lesions. I didn't realize at first how complex these things can be.

06/05/2011 08:32 PM
laurawest
laurawest  

Hi April - I typed this once already then lost it. O well! My lesions sound just like yours. Did you find out you had brain lesions by having an MRI? I'm so new to all of this and I haven't been dx with anything for certain. Mine all started Oct 1st. I feel good - tired, but good. I'm hanging on to that as long as possible. Thanks for the info!

06/12/2011 09:07 PM
laurawest
laurawest  

Hello everyone! My arms have been hurting the past few days. Very strange. The pain comes and goes. Sometimes my left wrist (on top) has a pain. I mostly ache around my arm pit areas - as if someone has picked me up under my arms and held me too tight. I haven't had any kind of pain really since the lesions started. Is this normal?

Do we even know what normal is?

06/12/2011 09:17 PM
afmom

I get that under arm pain on a pretty regular basis. Although I always forget to mention it to my doc. So I'm not sure what it is I have just assumed it was part of the Lupus.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 4 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved