MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/24/2011 12:14 PM

Crystals in urine?.. Possible Kidney stones?

ncgirl
ncgirl  

I have had several UTI's recently and have been on antibiotics for them. As if I needed anything else to worry about right? lol. I have been having right side flank/back pain since Valentine's Day 2010 but not as severe as I have been feeling it the last two days. A urine sample showed Crystals in the urine?

Has anyone ever experienced this? My Dr. is getting me in for a CT Scan STAT and said it could possibly be associated with Kidney Stones (there was no blood and no protein in the sample). Just wondering if any of you have had something similar happen Dizzy ?

Hugs to you all and looking forward to hearing from someone. Especially since I am flat on my A** in bed today bored! Tongue

01/24/2011 01:33 PM
Lynnette1212
Lynnette1212  

Hey hon

Yep. I've been there. I had to just let them pass, using pain pills and staying hydrated. It took a week. But let me tell ya. I still have residual pain from it. The werid twinges in that kidney and the stones were 2 years ago. It feels like back labor. Sorry you are hurting. Heat helps too. Keep me updated.

L

01/24/2011 06:15 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Julie....this sounds painful.....I will keep you in my prayers that this CAT scan shows nothing but than you will be wondering what else it could be......how about gallstones? I just hope you recover quickly.

EvaSmile

01/24/2011 10:37 PM
Pandora74
Pandora74  
I'm an Advocate

I have had them. I don't remember anything about the crystals in the urine so I don't know. I would ask the doctor what that is all about. I don't remember if I told you this but if they are just sitting around and not mobile the pain will be kind of like aching/cramps but when they are mobile you get the severe pain that sends you to the ER. I hope you find out what it is soon. Pain stinks and I am not a fan. LOL. Let us know when your doctor tells you what is up.

April

01/25/2011 09:06 AM
ncgirl
ncgirl  

I had a Kidney/bladder scan this morning at 8:45 and a follow up with my Dr. at 1:00. I feel like I have another UTI (ugh) which would be the 3rd since Nov. and probably the 10th in the last 3 years. When I was done with the scan, they came out and asked me if I had ever had blood in my urine or noticed any stones that came out. I didn't know what to make of that questioning... usually they say "ok you're done" and that's it. I urinated large quantities of pure blood last May but the antibiotic took care of it. Small amounts of blood with the last two UTI's - again Cipro takes care of them. Now have been off Cipro since last Thursday and I feel the burning/frequency again. It's getting old. I have never had my kidney's scanned though and no kidney function tests done....

@Eva, this is the same right side flank into my back pain that I have had since Valentines Day Last year. Varying degrees f pain at a 0-1 usually but has been at 10+. I have been to the ER 4 times and been diagnosed with Lupus and they still have never been able to determine the back pain after being MRI'd and CT'd from head to pelvis. I have had pancreatic tests, HIDA scan etc with all negative results. I am willing to buy into anything at this point. I just have been chalking it up to Lupus inflammation but I think it's time for a REAL answer.

01/25/2011 10:50 AM
Lynnette1212
Lynnette1212  

Well, let us know what the dr says. Anxious to hear.

01/25/2011 11:26 AM
ncgirl
ncgirl  

The Dr. said the Kidney's were fine, no stones however - my right Ovary is enlarged and there is a thickening (or inflammation) at the base lining of my lungs that was not present upon last CT in July. They didn't think there was any reason to CT the lungs unless I was having symptoms, which I am not. I have had Lung surgery before...

They do want to do an another abdominal/pelvic ultrasound and they are culturing urine to see if I need more antibiotics. I just had a pelvic/OB internal ultrasound at the end of April last year (with measurements etc.). Plus they have tons of baseline scans and xrays to use from this last spring and summer. I sure am glad I have all of you as friends to talk to and keep me grounded and not freaking out. I am NOT googling ANYTHING this time. <3 all my Loopie friends Smile ~ Julie

01/25/2011 04:54 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Julie.....so glad to hear that you had no stones.....I always chalk up my pain to Lupus.....but since I have lupus vasculitis it can happen anywhere in the body so now I think when I have problems with my intestines or anywhere in that area I believe it's the lupus vasculitis......this could be a possibility since Lupus can attack anything when it's SLE. Please let us know what the doctor has to say.

Eva

01/27/2011 03:28 PM
Lupie
Lupie  

Hi NCgirl - Any update? Hoping you are getting some relief.

01/28/2011 07:26 AM
ncgirl
ncgirl  

Lupie, I was just scheduled for an abdominal Ultrasound and following appointment with my OBGYN for Tuesday morning (he is out until then). I have to fly on Thursday so relieved this will be done prior to my leaving.

Mumeva, that's exactly what I was thinking. That the Lupus may be attacking my ovary?.. I hope it's not something more serious (gulp). If they want to biopsy I am just going to tell them to take the ovaries and anything else girlie that I don't need at this point. Would the Lupus Vasculitis attack the lungs? Aye Carumba - another thing to be scared about.

Post edited by: ncgirl, at: 01/28/2011 08:03 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved