MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/15/2010 01:12 PM

Purple bruise-like mark on chin only....????

ncgirl
ncgirl  

I do not have the butterfly rash or the skin conditions that come along with Lupus. Mine has always been more fatigue and malaise than sore joints/pain... My Dr. said that it usually affects people in one of those ways or the other.

The ONE skin thing that I have noticed, besides the purple under my skin on fingers last winter, is a dark purple mark under the skin on my chin only? It shows up when I am having some flare symptoms. I purposely left my make-up off today just to show my friend. It's about the size of a dime and will go away but it's just annoying. Anyone else end up with dark purple bruise like marks under their skin? Just curious & thanks Smile

p.s. this has been happening on and off since August for me. It can come and go in as little as an hour.

Post edited by: ncgirl, at: 12/15/2010 01:13 PM

12/15/2010 02:06 PM
panchan14
panchan14  

I have had marks like you are describing, though I haven't had one like that since I started on the naproxen and the adalat. Mine don't hurt, or anything like that, they are just ugly marks that are really hard to cover up! Thankfully mine usually show up on my chest and around my neck, so since I wear pretty modest clothing most of the time, they don't really affect me other than to obsess over it in the mirror. D: I always attributed mine to my PCOS, though, because I also get really nasty velvety skin around my neck and under my breasts. . . D:

Erin

12/15/2010 02:58 PM
redhairali
redhairali  
Group Leader

I thunk the purple under your nails is a Reynauds thing. I get it quite often. Not really sure about the purple mark on your chin. My lupus marks on my face are ALWAYS there. Drives me crazy. But, we all know how weird lupus can be. So who really knows?

Alison

12/15/2010 08:30 PM
Pandora74
Pandora74  
I'm an Advocate

I am clueless to that. I don't have many skin symptoms but it is strange that it goes away quickly. That is weird.

April

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved