MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/03/2010 12:32 PM

Sweaty but no fever - so annoying! grrrr

ncgirl
ncgirl  

Okay people. Does anyone else battle with getting hot and sweaty (almost like hot flashes) but no fever and not flaring? This happens to me every day and it's a little annoying. It must have something to do with the Lupus because I was always cold blooded before Blink

11/03/2010 12:44 PM
SammieGirl
SammieGirl  

I get embarrassed because I am sweating so much and when I check I don't have a temp! To make it even more annoying, my hands and feet are freezing cold!

11/03/2010 01:16 PM
Lynnette1212
Lynnette1212  

I do that because of the prednisone. Are you still on it? That's what the Rheumy said yesterday.

11/03/2010 02:27 PM
ncgirl
ncgirl  

I am on 5 mg and down to 2 tablets left. It did nothing except give me weight in places I didn't want it. Thanks though Lynnette, at least I know it's the Prednisone. Can't wait to be done with it!

11/04/2010 02:54 AM
purpledragonfly

You know you are t first person to write this - and i have exactely the same thing - every day i get these hot flashes that feel like fever( my forhead is burning) and still the temp is normal - i would almost prefer the fever - at least i then have something to direct my anger towards!! I must not be the quickest to accept my diagnosis but after 5 years of active lupus i came across something that feels better----tatadada... icepacks on the head! simple as that if you do not mind looking like a loon/ haha loopie. But unless i turn the air conditioning to artic, i have if i am to feel better without freezing out all the others in the house! In my case thie flashes come with or without the prednisone ... I have been off and on them for 5 years along with ciclosporin. let me know if it works! Kind regards, from a fellow jewellery designer/loopie lady and also mother of two girls!

11/04/2010 11:07 AM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I also get sweaty without fevers. I am down on 3 mgs. of Prednisone....didn't know that this is what the sweatiness is from. I don't get it everyday but the days I do is horrible......I just get sweaty on head under my hair and my face but then the rest of me is cold....my feet, hands.....very weird.

Eva

11/04/2010 01:19 PM
panchan14
panchan14  

I have hot and sweaty problems without my fevers being involved, though generally they always hit when I'm about to head to bed, so I have a really hard time sleeping because I'm overheated. I also have this horribly nasty habit of sweating really bad from my head when I sleep. The rest of me will be completely dry, but my pillow is soaked by the time I wake up! I've dealt with this for years. . . D:

Erin

11/05/2010 12:18 PM
nokisweets
nokisweets  

I also have that problem too=( i will be sweaty alot around my face and under my hair, i hated i always be looking like i am Hot all the time =(Doctor said its from the prednison

11/08/2010 08:21 AM
MarthaM

I get sweaty too -- at various times of the day -- but at night when I get sweaty I get so cold because of the sweat on my skin. I, too, wonder why this is happening.

11/08/2010 09:03 AM
lunielucy

Yes girls sounds to me like we all have it. Strange huh. Lupus is so weird at times. I just blame it on lupus. Because even the docs don't completely understand all veriables of this disease. I mean, they have wonderful research and documents, and they help us out tremedously with what we are going through. But lupus is weird. Its like once you figure out your "style" if you will of lupus, it throws you another curve ball to really zing u up. Hopefully this new medication Benlysta will be excepted by the FDA, they are voting on Nov. 16th!! And we fellow lupies will have some new "hope" if I dare say.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved