MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/10/2010 02:33 PM

Well, I did it again

Lynnette1212
Lynnette1212  

This time I sat my phone down somewhere in Home Depot. Or dropped it, I don't know. So, my poor husband went back in and looked everywhere. He even called it and never found it..so we went home, took a lunch break and then headed back. Thank goodness someone had turned it in. I think my husband is starting to worry about meWhistling

After thinking about it, I don't even remember carrying it with me, which is even worse.

It's getting a bit old.

10/10/2010 06:01 PM
ncgirl
ncgirl  

Oh no! Sorry this happened again. At least you found it and of course he's worried, he loves you. My husband does the same thing with me. We backtrack, I get frustrated, cry sometimes and then I either remember or we find it. I have started saying things out loud in the presence of a family member while I am placing an object somewhere. It helps me to remember by saying it out loud and also helps them in case I forget.

10/10/2010 06:51 PM
mumeva
mumeva  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I am so sorry Lynnette......like Julie says at least you found your phone.....I am so glad that you have great support from your husband.

The only thing that I do alot of is when I talk in a sentence I use the wrong words sometimes......my family is always looking at me like "What did you just say"???? It's like I can't remember the meaning of words......the only way I notice is when someone says something to me.....like yesterday my mom and I were talking and I said something and used the completely wrong word and she asked me what I meant.....that what I said didn't make sense so that is a big problem with me. This must be very scary for you.....just know were all here to listen.

Eva

10/10/2010 10:17 PM
SomewhereInCalifornia
SomewhereInCalifornia  
I'm an Advocate

Sorry, for the length of this.....

Hi Lynette, I won't even joke about it. It gets so frustrating at times, I could just scream.....and then wouldn't everybody be looking. For what its worth: It took me 12 years to get a diagnosis...

The other day, I should have said why I was wondering if anyone else had had their Acetylcholine Levels checked...it's because Acetylcholine affects memory. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter that is so vital to brain function that there are supplements/drugs given that prevent further degredation of the brain in some very early stage Alzheimer's patients. However, I don't have Alzheimer's and it's destructive abilities. I was given a supplement that aided in choline restoration and some other "stuff"...although, I'm not 100%, as you can tell by my use of the word "stuff".

Also: At one point my thyroid had gotten a bit lower and I was found to have malnutrition from being periodically very sick from not being able to keep food down (at either end). Both are brain drains. I also had 5 lesions that have disappeared.......pushing your brain is said to help.....maybe finishing school and teaching myself an instrument (with help)........?

Finally: A non-tribute to the powers of PTSD: The stress of the "events" affected the make-up of my brain......I have some amnesia and I lost most of my mathematical abilities (although, I can still add and subtract, etc.)

"If you're going thru hell, keep going." Winston Churchill

Post edited by: SomewhereInCalifornia, at: 10/10/2010 10:37 PM

10/11/2010 06:16 AM
Hakuro
Hakuro  

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I lost the message I just write because I didn't click on the right button. Blush Angry Angry Angry

Here it is again:

@ SomewhereInCalifornia: was is this supplement you are taking? I am curious and interested.

@ Eva: my problem sounds a lot like your except that with me, it is my writing. I will write a word that doesn't make any sense (like concatenate 2 words together), I will reverse letters in a word, I will misspell or write the wrong word (for instance, instead of writing "word" I would write "work"Wink, and stuff like that. This is new to me and I use to write very well. The problem is that no matter how much care I take to read again and again before sending my email or a letter, I just don't see my mistakes... until later, when I have to look at it again. It is getting quite a problem to me because I do have to write a lot in my work. Some of the stuff is quite important.Sad

10/11/2010 11:38 AM
Bunnyhugger75
Bunnyhugger75  

Lynette! I have been doing the same thing! I'm super blind without my glasses and I keep losing them when I take them off to wash my face or pull my hair up, etc! It is embarrassing to ask for help. The cell phone is beyond help, I'm calling it all the time with the landline Dizzy

Take Care,

Amy

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved